Chapter 43

Bella's Pov...

I heaved a heavy sigh while I sat relaxed in the taxi. The fresh air inside was really good. I couldn't stop admiring the neatness of the car's interior and that of the chauffeur himself. He was in a black face cap.

"Where are we heading, miss"

"Monroe, Milesville"

"The hospital?" he smiled at me in the rearview mirror, strangely.

"How did he know?" I asked myself but remembered almost immediately that my baby bump was noticeable now.

"Yes."

He nodded and continued the drive. I suddenly began to feel dizzy after some time. I later fell asleep and only woke up In a place I'd never known. It was a lonely alley.

"I blinked severally as the words feebly escaped my lips. "Where am I?" I asked, very weak. I saw the driver's back. A smoke was lit on his mouth and he puffed them while the song in his car blared loudly.

"Where am I? Where the hell are you taking me to?" I cried out, Panic seizing me but I was very weak to even lift a thumb.

"Don't annoy me woman, shut the fuck up or I'm gonna fucking blow your brains off"

"It's you Derrick" My eyes slowly opened as I remembered seeing him in one of Lizzy's numerous pictures.

"Now you know" he flashed me a deadly smile before pulling out a gun from nowhere and pointing it straight at my head.

I tried lifting my head but I couldn't. That was when it became clear to me that I must have been drugged.

"Try to make any sound and I will blow your fucking brains off"

I seized, my head swelling. I didn't know what to do. I was too confused to speak. What the hell was going on, how did he manage to get past the security to this area.

He stopped the car and came to the passenger side where I lay numb, not even able to breath properly. He held me by the hand and dragged me towards the building.

It looked uninhabited and very forlorn. What was he going to do with me? Fear tugged at my heart insistently as I wondered what the hell was going to happen .

"Please don't kill me" I begged while leaning on his body for support, not wanting to fall.

He later carried me with his hands and took me to the inside where Susan was seated with two other men I didn't know. They all looked deadly from their clothing.

"Did you get it?"

"Sure, you can trust me," Derrick smiled, tossing my phone across to her.

"Now, that is good."

"Susan, you?" I asked in disbelief.  She was really a bitch, just like how Lizzy had described her.

"Guess Lizzy must have told the whole town about me. Does that make any sense?" She giggled, came towards me and squatted.

"We will make everything fast for you because a woman in your condition isn't supposed to be here.

I am a woman too and I know what that feels like. So we would want you to please cooperate with us so that you can get out of here as fast as possible. OK?" She whispered slowly into my ears.

"And be rest assured we won't hurt you. Only if you decide to be a bitch"

"What do you want from me, bitch! I screamed at her, letting fresh tears cascade down my cheeks.

She tossed my phone over to me. "Pick up the damn phone and call Lizzy. Tell her where you are, let her know you're in some kinda trouble and ask her to come help you"

"I'd rather die than do that" I gazed menacingly at her, my breath coming in fast gasps.

She erupted in laughter along with Derrick and the other men.

"Look Bella, Don't try to be the hero because this will be all over soon"

"Better, let it be"

"Listen up Bella. We would have killed your friend a very long time ago if we wanted, only that-"

"Only that what? What have I done? Why would you involve me in this? I have done nothing wrong to you. Have I ever offended you in any way?" I bit my lower lip as it trembled, fresh tears trickling down my cheeks.

"This is just to warn her to stay away from Mark, and we brought you here to be a witness. So that we will be justified when we take any rash actions.

So please,  if you care for Lizzy, yourself and the unborn child, pick up that phone not and call her.

If you don't want you and your friend dead before nightfall today, call her with this and tell her to meet you right outside at this building "

"And what if I don't?!" I returned, coldly.

"Well then, be prepared for what you are gonna face. And just in case you don't know, be aware that we won't mind the bastard you're carrying down there before beating the sense out of you. And him. You make things easy for us and we will let you go on the ground that you will breathe not even a single word of it"

"You're just wasting your time."

"Well then," she came towards me and bent, sneeringly looking me right in the eye "allow me to loosen your tongue"

"Rincon" she intoned to a bald man who had rings in his nose and ear.

He came towards me and gave me the beating of my life.

He covered my mouth with a cloth before he began.

I only screamed, but the screaming wasn't enough. I felt a searing pain in my back. Whether I was kicked or stabbed, I couldn't tell.

The yell that followed probed the sky.