Chapter 42

I was jerked up from sleep immediately. I knew instinctively that I had screwed it up.

I went back to sleep so I could sleep again for thirty minutes but I had gone on to sleep for two hours.

I sprang up and came down from bed, swearing.

I had my bath for twenty minutes and got everything prepared.

I watched myself in the mirror to check if everything was in its place.

That was when an unusual car parked right in front of my house.

I hurriedly went down the stairs and noticed people looking in our direction.

A gleaming black Ferrari parked in front of my shack, and a man, clad in black, stood beside the car.

He looked at me as I went closer, and a warm smile burst from his lips.

"Aaa, you must be Miss Moore," the bald young man said.

In a very apparent tone, he stated.

I kept a wary watch on him.

"Mrs Samantha?" The man said

"No way. This was real!" I said within.

"Miss, of course. I'm Carl, and I'll be driving you wherever you want to go."

I slowly shook his hand that he had extended.

"Carl, you may proceed. let's not waste any more time."He widened his grin.

"Of course, Miss."

He turned around and let me in through the back entrance.

He locked the door and rushed to the driver's side of the car after I was inside.

He didn't waste any time getting in the car and sped into the city.

My nerves were frayed all of a sudden.

I was finally going to work, and it was in one of the strangest circumstances. Something I had never prepared for.

I'd been so engrossed in my fears that I hadn't noticed Carl pulling up to the front of skyscraper.

He got out of the car and opened the door for me again, only for me to stumble out in the most inept manner possible.

I raised my eyes to the gargantuam silver tower. The glorious sight widened my eyes.

It must have at least 40 stories.

Just over the entryway, the words Zoltex Constructions were boldly written.

"Good luck!" Carl exclaimed, jolting me out of my reverie, before returning to his car and driving away.

My legs began to slightly wobble as I went towards the building, through the glass doors, and into the reception area on their own.

The sight of the interior was simply jaw-dropping.

Men and Women in black constantly wove in and out of the room, carrying files and briefcases.

It was ultra-modern and opulently designed from top to bottom.

I was so engrossed in the vista that I didn't realize I was standing in front of the registration desk.

A woman with a jet-black hair was sitting there in jet-black formal dress. It was far betterr than what I was wearing.

Her hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

Overall, there was authority in her bearing.

She looked every inch a receptionist in thus large and prosperous company.