VIII

"It will hurt

"It will hurt. Pain makes you strong."
- Holly Black

Narnia, 1004

The doors of Cair Paravel were opened with haste.

A soaking-wet group of centaurs rushed inside, panting and out of breath. Olivia awaited them, leaning against the great white wall. With her clock in her hands, she clicked the button on top.

" Right on time, Oreius. " She answered proudly. The centaur-general bowed graciously, feeling happy about making his Queen proud. " Update me. "

" Lord Tarva has been spotted in the High Heavens. The Zartarians are coming through the southern Calormen woods. Queen Susan says the Tisroc has permitted them to pass through their lands and come to Narnia. Their army has been spotted with five hundred soldiers, the Princess and the King. They bring as well two rock-throwing machines and heavy weaponry. Some are even unknown to us. "

" Great, thank you, my friend. " She responded. " You have all done well. Rest. You are dismissed from any fighting, for you have all paid great respect to our country and made your Kings and Queens proud. "

The centaurs bowed obediently with enormous smiles on their face, thanking their Queen for sparing them from the fight while others insisted on going to fight, but Olivia did not allow, and so rushed out to their respective homes to greet their wives and children. Olivia grabbed the bare of her dress and rushed forward to the throne room.

" As I suspected, they have five hundred men. But, they risk their royal lineage by bringing both the Princess and the King. "

Edmund and Peter sat on their respective thrones, maps and books in their hands. Lucy was by the corner, discussing with several diplomats, and Susan was on another, writing letters desperately surrounded by fauns.

" There has to be a personal reason behind this attack. What it is, I do not know. " Edmund said wisely, hand in his chin. Olivia bit her lip, finding that small gesture he did slightly attractive. But she contained herself by clearing her throat.

Lucy gestured for the diplomats to follow her, and they approached the Warrior Queen. " Gentlemen, I present you to Queen Olivia the Warrior, Knight of Narnia, Empress of the Lone Islands and General of the Narnian first army. "

The diplomats bowed respectfully, and Olivia curtsied. " The Diplomats of Archenland, Calormen, Garnoff and Bellon are willing to send one hundred soldiers each to help us on our battle. "

" Perfect, thank you, Queen Lucy. "  In truth, Olivia wanted to rush and hug Lucy and thank her for being so intelligent and diplomatic. But she had to control herself in front of such a crowd.

" The help your Kingdoms send is gratefully thanked. In order of our thanks, when victory comes, each Kingdom shall receive a share of 10% of the Kingdom of Zartar for them to rule and add to their colonies. If you wish to increase your percentage, increase your number of soldiers. "