V

"Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise

"Modest doubt is called the beacon of the wise."
-William Shakespeare

England, 1942

Olivia awakened with a gasp.

Her whole body was shaking; she was sweating, her nightdress sticking to her body and heat pooling in her arms.

She signed, resting her head back on the fluffy stuffed pillow, trying to control her breathing. Olivia had gotten used to dreaming about Narnia to that point, but it had never been so real. And, technically, it wasn't Narnia but a nearby Kingdom.

The girl closed her hand, the feeling of the crossbow still intact. The way she held her weapon, the rush of being on the run. It felt like a drug she had tasted and was addicted. An adrenaline Junkie, she concluded.

Her clock was striking at six and a half, meaning it was time she woke up. After all, she had yet to attend school that day. The girl ignored the aching pain from her injury as she got up, getting ready and doing her morning routine.

Brushed her teeth and had a shower. Put on her grey skirt and red blazer over the white shirt, the school's uniform. Ran the comb through her hair and adjusted it into Dutch Braids. And so she was ready and walked out of the room.

The fresh smell of bread invaded Olivia's nostrils as she flew her way to the kitchen, just so she could get a taste of her aunt's famous goodies. Its smooth and crusty surface created the most fantastic feeling in her mouth, such an addicting taste that made Olivia ponder all her life choices. Just because of a piece of bread, a pastry.

"I see you like the bread. " Hillary said with a chuckle, grabbing herself some tea from the Kettle.

"Your cooking is divine, Aunt Hillary. " Olivia said, taking another bite out of the delicious bread.

"Thank you, my love. " She said with a silly smile.

Olivia finished eating and grabbed her bag, throwing it over her shoulder and kissing her aunt's cheek. The girl hurried out and went to the next house and rang the doorbell.

"Hello, dear! " Greeted Mrs Pevensie with her chirpy voice. "Would you like to eat with us? Though, I am afraid there is not much food left. "She offered, rubbing the back of her neck. She looked over her shoulder and warned, "Edmund! Lucy! Stop trying to pretend to duel with the forks! "

Olivia laughed, Helen Pevensie pulling her inside as she spoke and said that she had already eaten, that she was merely there to get the siblings to the subway station on time.

Edmund and Lucy had finished eating, so they grabbed their forks and pretended they had swords and were "fighting" in the living room, giggling and jumping over the couch. Susan was by the table, finishing her meal, as Peter stood by the fireplace, watching the youngest two and rolling his eyes.