16. ⁂ Lucky ⁂

Luffy could see the docks up ahead but there was a problem, Smoker was there waiting for our arrival. 

"I said nobody goes to the Grand line without defeating me." He seemed to have had an earlier run in with Luffy.

"You guys go on, I'll handle things here." Following orders you and Sanji went on ahead to see that the going merry was already in the water evading marines.

You had a bad feeling, as well as being overly calm. Luffy would have some trouble fighting a logia type right now but if that guy on the roof showed up Luffy should be okay. Even the wind was blowing in the direction of the Grand line. This would be nice if it was a coincidence but someone really wanted Luffy to reach his destination. 

You and Sanji ran after the ship fighting a few marines here and there. Usopp even jumped in the water to shoot the marines. Standing with your feet firm in the ground, you swung the scythe back gaining enough momentum to slash forward. 

All who were unfortunate enough to get sliced had some of their organs slashed and a few didn't make it. You felt a slight amount of guilt but in this life this was just what happened. A strong wind came, raising everything up and we landed a couple of buildings ahead where Zoro and Luffy were. The captain moved back and with a gum-gum slingshot everyone was thrown to the deck of Merry.

Groans could be heard coming from everyone, unhappy with being tossed like sacks. That was some crazy luck to have escaped that after calming down Nami pointed to a lighthouse in the distance.

"That's the entrance to the Grand line." Everything was becoming increasingly intense as we approached it, you hadn't been to the place in years and your memory as a child wasn't the most reliable in this case. 

"This calls for a toast." Sanji says as he puts his foot down on a barrel each following.

Sanji, "In order to find the all blue."
Luffy , "In order to be the King of Pirates."
Zoro, "In order to be the greatest swordsman."
Nami, "In order to draw a world map."
Y/n, "In order to abolish the world government."
Usopp, "I-In order.... to become a great warrior of the sea." 

"We're going to the Grand line!" Your captain cheered and you raised your feet up slamming them back down on the barrel.

.

.

"Nami! Are we in the Grand line yet? " Luffy was getting impatient. 

"We just left Logue town two days ago, it'll take a few more days so wait." Nami looked at the map in her hand trying to determine where we were.

"I see a flock of birds." Usopp shouted from the crows nest, Sanji stepped over to get a look.

"I heard that sea birds usually flock above fish." Luffy stretches to get the fish when his hand wasn't slowing down you and Sanji moved out of the way letting a napping Zoro take the hit and fall into the ocean. Going to the edge you dropped a rope and pulled Zoro back up. Now lets take a look at this fish.

It wasn't even edible it was a little girl who was unconscious, so disappointing you wanted to eat some food. She was carried and placed to lie down in the dining room until she regained conscious. We went to have some lunch all seated, Usopp was looking at the girl when she suddenly woke up hitting him on the face. Nami was the first to talk to her. 

"So what's your name?" 

"You know it's impolite to ask someone their name without introducing yourself." This was just an attempt to dodge the question at hand.

"Well then I'm Nami, the one cooking is Sanji, the one with the angry face and belly band is Zoro, the unconscious one is Usopp, the masked one is Y/n and.."

"I'm Luffy! The captain of this pirate ship." 

"And who might you be?" You asked only to see the little kid completely shocked and silent. The news that she was on a pirate ship was too shocking for her to process.

 "So what do we do with this child?" Zoro motioned to the girl that had already fainted. 

"Let's figure it out tomorrow." Luffy was tired of dealing with the mysterious little girl.

In the middle of the night there was a loud sound, you got up from the ground and went to the kitchen along with everyone else. Luffy had tried to steal food from again, Sanji had made him and the girl something to eat. You eased the little girl's worries assuring her that nothing bad would happen and she could rest easy.

The next morning

This was ridiculous even for the navy, to be attacking this early in the morning. There wasn't an attack the girl that was on board had been 'cooking.'

"Guys breakfast," she had smoke coming out of her hair with a damaged utensil in her hand.

"What kind of breakfast explodes?" Usopp dead panned, in the dinning room the table was set with plated food for everyone. 

You sat down looking at the dark blob almost staring back that you had to call breakfast. Nami didn't want to hurt her feelings and gave thanks for the effort put in but nobody had taken a bite yet. 

"Is this really edible?" Zoro said to no one in particular, Nami stepped on his foot making him open his mouth and she dropped the food in. 

"Delicious!" Luffy said and you took a spoonful and ate the food. It had a different kind of flavor, it wasn't bad. 

"Yeah guys it isn't so bad." You took another spoonful and ate.

"Yeah maybe it just looks bad." Everyone took a bite and they couldn't down it they took water to wash it down, they realised that you and Luffy would eat a rock if someone said it was food. Seeing the mixed reactions she decided to taste her own food.

"I used the wrong spices!" 

"That's okay, a common mistake." Sanji said comforting her, he was actually really sweet. 

"Guys let's not waste this food that um.... what's your name." 

"Apis my name is Apis."  She answered.

"Okay everyone no wasting." Sanji ordered before whispering to Nami that he would make her something later. This breakfast wasn't so bad but the others seemed to be struggling. You collected the  plates with Sanji and sat to talk with Apis.

She was stranded and had escaped from a navy ship but was reluctant to say why she was on the ship to begin with. 

"I swear I'm not a criminal or anything." She didn't talk more so nobody pushed her.

"We are criminals so it doesn't really matter." You assured, her home was warship island and that's when Luffy decided we'll take her back. Feels like a side quest.

 Feels like a side quest

*Edited

* Thanks for reading we already have over 200 reads 😻