CHAPTER 13: Fire meets the Fire

Hearing the screech of a car, the mechanics of Sydney Ignites turn their heads towards the source. The classic black Mercedes Maybach halted in front of the shed. The workers curiously waited for the person to step down from the car. They had seen many luxurious cars and bikes in the shed, so they could tell that the one which halted in front of the shed was definitely not as low key as it seemed on the outside.

Raven stepped down from the car and adjusted his crisp white shirt. His sleeves were now rolled up to reveal his strong arms. His neatly gelled black hair now ruffled due to wind. He strolled towards the workshop.

The interior of the workshop was modernized and glassy windows covered the shed. Raven looked around the shed and was somewhat impressed with the infrastructure, but his expression barely changed.

Aiden, who is sitting on the bonnet of the car, is now busily eating biscuits, unaware that his father is here to hunt him down.

“Does it taste that good?” 

Aiden jerked after hearing the sudden voice and dropped the biscuit in his hand, but Raven caught it before it touched the floor.

He took a bite from the biscuit and smirked at Aiden.

“Do you think you can escape from me?”

Aiden's eyes gaped at his father, wondering why he was there. 

“You haven't had your breakfast yet. Let’s go”, Raven said, and lifted Aiden from the bonnet of the car.

“But she said I could go with her to Ms. Pakpao’s restaurant”. Aiden struggled in his arms.

Raven’s lip twitched “Who is she?”

As far as he remembers, Aiden was the exact copy of him. He didn’t like to indulge anyone who didn’t attract his interest or entertain them. For him to visit her on a daily basis, she must be very special.

“Me” 

Raven heard the voice behind him. It’s not a type of sweet and meek voice. In contrast, the voice sounded firm and filled with iciness. Raven didn’t need to turn to see who she was. After all, the purpose of today’s visit is to see this woman, whom his son has taken a fancy to.

He turned around to see her. The young woman leaned on the car and folded her arms. Midnight black hair tied up in a high ponytail. Those red lips are set in thin lines. The sharp electric blue eyes curiously narrowed down at him. 

Raven had come across many beautiful women in his life. After all, he was not lacking in any aspects. From money to looks, he had everything dancing at his fingertips. But the dangerous aura around him doesn’t allow anyone to approach him. Even his enemies fret about making eye contact with him.

But this woman calmly stood there and even daringly stared at him. Frankly saying, her beauty is not one of the most outstanding ones, but there is something hidden in the depths of her eyes, something dark, sinister and scorching flame ready to devour anything.  

They both stared at each other with such intensity that the people around them felt their overwhelming presence.

Raven strolled towards Siren and deeply stared at her, as if to break the silence he uttered a few words which made others speechless.

“I am hungry.”

Siren: “…”

Aiden: “…”

Mechanics: “…”

……………………………….

Siren silently stared at the two figures who are busy eating, even forgetting that they are freely loading on her.

Ms. Pakpao’s restaurant was located near the high school. Hence, the students and the office workers are the main customers.  Today, the restaurant was abnormally packed with high school girls and their gaze was fixed on two certain people at the right corner table.

But both people didn’t mind the other’s gaze. Instead, they focused on the food on the table. 

Raven ate his breakfast and he seemed satisfied with the taste. It was a simple breakfast with a banana pancake topped with maple syrup and cheese.

Siren saw how this man’s every move oozed with elegance. From cutting the pancake with a knife to lifting the fork, every action screams he doesn’t belong here. She shifted her gaze towards the little fireball besides him.

Aiden, who had eaten waffles in the shed before, simply settled for a bread omelette. He took a big bite from the bread omelette; pieces of bread crumps stuck in the corner of his mouth. Seeing this, she sighed and leaned towards him and wiped the corner of his mouth with her thumb.

Raven saw this scene and turned towards the window to stare at distance deep in thought.