Chapter 51: Motherless child

After finishing his lunch, Aiden strolled around the corridor for sometime before going to the classroom. On the way he heard the group of boys talking so loudly at the corner. At first he didn’t mind paying attention but when he heard his name he stopped in his tracks and listened to them.

“So what if his father is rich. He acts like a king and everyone is below him. Hmph!” a boy who is tall and bulky for a boy of four said in condescending tone

“You are right Jason. My father said Grey's family is doing some dirty business that's why they're rich” another boy said in disapproval

“Of course, the boy from such family shouldn’t even study in the same school as us”

More and more fellow students joined them in discussion and scolded Aiden for his headstrong personality

“You all know my father said he got the approval for the collaboration with the big company and he said he will take me to outer states for the summer vacation” Jason said proudly as he received a he group of cheers and aww’s from his fellow students

“The company you are talking about is Stellar, isn’t it?” Aiden stepped out from the corner and calmly looked at them with his hands inside his pocket

The boy’s who were blaming and mocking him before, became mute once they saw him. Of course they have courage only to talk behind him, not in front of him. Their parents often told them to get along with him because he is the only grandson of Grey’s family. They are the biggest business conglomerate in Worcester city and also own several businesses across the states.

As the time passed they became jealous of his money and power. Not only that, with his dark black hair and green eyes even his looks exceed them. With that cold look on his face he is like an immortal god walking in the grounds of Imperial Academy.

As if adding fuel to the fire, the girls in their school always swooned over him and worshipped the land he walked.

“Stellar is a small sub branch of Altron Groups. Your father is not capable of collaborating with the main branch, so he tried his luck with the small sub branch. What a pity” Aiden raised his brows in mockery.

Jason gritted his teeth in anger, “ Don’t spout nonsense. This company is nothing to do with you Greys”

“Tch… Wasn't your father involved in the construction of an amusement park in the city centre? But unfortunately his plans were too poor hence rejected by the Altron group for the seventh time. Then he changed his plans and budget and submitted to Stellar, a small sub branch of Altron. What’s there to be proud of?” Aiden stated in a calm tone.

The boy was so furious and wanted to beat him but before he could take a step forward his friends stopped him from fighting. Fighting is prohibited in the Imperial Academy. If anyone indulges in such activities they will be directly expelled from school without any excuse.

Realizing that Jason calmed down, he smirked and said in a loud tone for others to hear, “ Do you think you have everything? You don’t have a mother”

Aiden clenched his teeth when he heard that but controlled himself. His father always said a true fighter should know how to control his emotions. If we want to win a game we should not give in to our emotions. He glared at him and turned back to return to his class.

“What? Scared to speak now. I have a mother who loves me, cooks for me and takes me shopping to buy everything I ask for” he laughed at his retreating back.

“Do you have a mother who loves you? Of course a motherless child doesn’t know what is love at all”

At his remark the boys started to laugh at Aiden. They stopped laughing when they heard a loud thud. Aiden was sitting above Jason and punched him with all his force. Just like that a fight broke between them. They only stopped when the teachers came.

They both were summoned to the principal office. When the principal saw the bruise on Aiden, his heart stopped and sweat started to appear on his forehead. He immediately asked their home room teacher and ordered them to inform Jason's parents about the incident. As for Aiden he told them that he will personally inform Mr. Raven Grey.

Siren's face was grim when she finished listening to Aiden. If she is right, the school’s principal still didn't inform Raven about the fight, because he would not reply with a simple “Mmm” if he had heard about the matter.

Aiden was still sitting with head hanging low. Siren didn’t know how to comfort him with words and instead she ruffled his hair.

After sometime she said,“You know your father loves you right”

“But it is also true that I am a motherless child”, Aiden said in a low voice and buried his head in her arms.