Chapter 42: Sprouts of love

Ecstasy club

Carlos gulped the entire content of the glass in one go. Even though the law firm released the statement proving his innocence regarding the previous incident it doesn’t change the fact that he spent the night with two males as the oblivious marks on his body flashed across the headlines.

The fellow members of the law firm who once used to bootlick him turn their back on him, sneering and mocking behind his back. The number of cases were reduced and even the agreed clients demanded the change in attorney to handle their cases.

The reputation he built from all those years of hard work got spoiled in one night. Moreover, he begged and kneeled to Gloria to alleviate the situation. Thinking of the things he did to calm her down made his blood boil in anger.

All this happened  because of that damned man with silver eyes. If I saw him again, I would strangle him to death.

As he finished the alcohol he stood up from the stool and made his way to the restroom. On the way he accidently bumped into the person. He groggily looked up, but shocked to see the familiar face.

“Mr. Oswald” Frederick greeted the man, surprised to see him here.

“Oh! Fredrick” he patted the young man’s shoulder. 

As much as he hated his mother, her son was tolerable. He must be taken after his father, so naive and clueless, didn’t even know his mother was a snake in disguise. What a pity!

“What are you doing here?” he questioned him.

Fredrick hesitated for a second before answering, “A friend of mine is working here, so I just came to see him”

“Is it so? And who is that?” As he has been regular here, he wondered who that friend was. Not like he is interested in this boy’s life but it might help him in keeping Gloria at bay.

Fredrick scratched his head and looked up to see the open compartment in the corner where a lean and dainty man served the drinks at the table. His silver hair stands out from the crowd making him look like a sun that shines behind the dark and misty clouds.

Carlos turned to see in the direction where the boy was looking. His eyes turned wide seeing the same silverhead who he had been desperately searching for since that night. He clenched his fist hard.

Fredrick, who didn’t notice the changes in Carlos’s behaviour, walked to Sam who placed the order at the table and carried the empty plate to the bar counter. After exchanging the contacts they often chatted and talked over the phone and developed their relationship from spill at stranger to friendship. But he was always the one who took the initiation to start the conversation. 

He couldn’t help but want to hear his sweet voice. This is the first time he experiences this kind of feeling which left him in bewilderment. He never expected that he would show his sincere and kind side to the same sex. He wants to develop this friendship into something more.

As if sensing someone’s gaze, Sam looked to the side to see his new friend approaching him. He smiled gently and waved his hand. Fredrick’s heartbeat quickened as he slowly approached him. 

“Did you finish your work?” he asked him.

“Yes, almost. Are you alone? Where is your girlfriend?” Sam questioned him as he saw no one other than him. He is always accompanied by either his friends or the chick who slapped him last time.

Fredrick sighed and explained patiently “ Me and Sara are friends, nothing more than that. I already told you that” 

Sam chuckled, “I just teased you Fredrick” he playfully bumped his small fist on his shoulder.

Fredrick felt as if electrocuted, a warm tingling sensation spread across his skin even though layers of clothes covered his shoulder.

He smiled, “Sam this is Mr. Carlos Oswald. One of the best lawyers in our law firm”

When Sam noticed the man standing at a distance his face revealed a shocking expression. His body trembled and eyes filled with fear as he struggled to breathe. Seeing this Fredrick panicked and held him in his arms,

“Sam what happened?” he patted his back.

Carlos was filled with rage as he saw this. It was unbelievable that the same man who was standing before him like a trembling cat was the one who almost ruined his career. Fredrick also felt lost as he didn’t know why Sam was behaving like this.

“You motherfucker! I am going to kill you today” the enraged Carlos launched towards Sam to land a heavy punch. But before his fist could touch his face a hand caught his wrist.

“Mr. Oswald whatever the issue is we can talk over '' Fredrick calmly stated but his eyes filled with anger seeing that someone is going to hurt his beloved in front of him. At the thought of this he tightened his grip on his hand. Carlos was trained as a lawyer who fought with words rather than muscles. Hence he felt short in terms of fighting with Fredrick who refused to leave his hand. He struggled to take his hand out of his grip but in vain. His strength is no match to him. 

“Fredrick, you don't  know what he did to me. All the mess happened because of him” he shouted at him gaining the attention of onlookers.