Chapter 26: Mother hunting

Siren stopped her bike in front of the Grey’s mansion and looked at the large black gate. The gate was huge and two bodyguards in black stood at front with their hands folded at back.

When the bodyguards come to ask about the identity of the person, a man in a suit gets off from the back seat.

Their eyes widened seeing their master, they hurriedly went towards him and bowed respectfully.

“Master”

“Hmm” Raven acknowledged them and turned towards Siren whose eyes roamed around the mansion exterior.

“Like it?” he raised his brows in question.

“Not bad” replied Siren, without wasting her breath she started her bike and left the place.

Raven didn’t try to stop her. He saw the bike disappear at the end of the road and turned to enter the mansion. As soon as he entered the hall, butler Alfred came towards him and got the suit jacket from him.

Raven saw a certain little fireball descend from the stairs and ran towards the door in hurry. He raised his hand and held the collar of his son’s pyjamas.

Aiden who heard the sound of the familiar bike raised from his bed, his eyes widened and jolted out of his room, but who knew that he would be caught by his stinky father.

“Leave me, I want to see her” he kicked the air, but Raven paid no heed to his words and lifted him in the air and hung on his broad shoulder upside down.

“There is no use. She left already” he carried him to the dining table and made him sit beside his table.

“Did you eat?” Raven questioned him.

Aiden who has been upset about not being able to see his angel harrumphed and turned his face sideways, “I did. Why? Did you expect I would wait for you?”.

“Young master didn’t have his dinner yet” Alfred immediately exposed his young master.

Aiden glared at him fiercely and turned to her father whose smugness is evident in his smile.

Seeing both the masters of the mansion seated at the table, Alfred gestured to the maids to serve the dinner.

The maids served the food and both father and son duo started to eat. Alfred who has been watching from the sidelines smiled, even though both bickered every time, they did love each other to the bone. Raven may be ruthless in nature but he never neglected his son because of his work.

After the dinner everyone retired to their respective bedrooms. Raven came out of the bathroom after freshening up. He was in his black boxer and dried his hair with a towel.

Suddenly his bedroom door opens and he sees Aiden carrying his blanket more like dragging it to the bed. He folded his hands and said domineeringly,

“I am sleeping here today”

Raven sighed seeing his stubborn son, he carried him and placed in the middle of the bed.

“Do as you wish” and he continued to dry his hair with the blower.

“How did you meet her?” Aiden questioned his father who was now comfortably laying on his father’s bed.

“In a bar” Raven answered his question without hiding anything.

Aiden scoffed, “And she willingly gave you a ride back home?”

“I have tricks up my sleeve” 

“You..you definitely used me as a scapegoat”

Raven smirked at his son’s quick witted comment but he didn’t reply, after all whose blood is running through his veins.

After drying his hair, Raven climbed up the bed and tucked the blanket around his son and turned off the light.

Silence descended inside the room, Raven didn’t sleep immediately as he stared blankly on the ceiling above. After a few minutes, he hears his son’s sleepy voice,

“Daddy, I want her as my mother”

Raven didn’t reply but a dark glint shrouded his eyes making his forest green eyes look almost dark.

He glanced at his son who snored softly snuggling to the side of his body. He wrapped his arms around him and hugged him securely.

That woman, she is not as simple as she seems.