Chapter 34: Clash, Crack & Mock

Siren’s eyes hardened, she gripped his fingers and removed his hand from her waist. The man laughed and raised his hand in surrender.

“Seems like you don't want your hands for driving, Max” Siren warned him

“Tut… tut, Siren all you need to do is lay cosy in my arms and I will give you everything. Why take risks? Hmm” 

“Says the one who lost to her in tracks last time” Alex scoffed at him.

“Don’t exaggerate Alex, it's just her luck last time. Let’s see who wins this time” he retorted

“Then call me Godfather if you lose, will ya?” Alex mocked him

Max gritted his teeth and glared at him. 

“What? Scared” he laughed.

Max turned to Siren, “See you in tracks” he left without turning back.

There are 22 riders in the event and 6 laps to finish the race covering the distance of 2.4 kilometres. Siren being the only women rider in the track she has her fair share of fans after her first win two years ago. The crowd erupted in cheers when all the riders took their position in the track.

Siren checked her knee pad and her bike before taking her place in the track. She glanced at the right side of the bleachers before wearing her helmet and fastened the belt with a click. 

When the gun was fired the bike accelerated through the track. Siren gripped the clutch and accelerated it to maximum, the bike travelled as it cut through the air. The sound of the bike reverberated through the place. The crowd erupted in cheers and excitement.

Siren took the lead in the first three laps as she passed through each rider. As the adrenaline pumped through her veins she finished every lap with sharp lean at the circuit.

Aiden's eyes gleamed as he saw this. This is why he was attracted to her, she travels like a storm in the sea, wild waves crushing everything in its path until it turns into grime. No mercy, No fear but the blind madness and adrenaline.

On the other hand Raven leisurely seated with one leg above the other and calmly saw the race, his gaze fixed at the particular rider in black bike.

Max saw how Siren maintained the lead in the beginning of fourth lap, he accelerated his bike and pushed back several riders. He caught up to the third position with another rider in front. He closely followed the rider and increased his speed, when it was about the time to lean at the side of the circuit he bumped into the bike in front which resulted in the collision with the Siren’s bike.

Siren was thrown off from the bike and her body was dragged along the track due to the force. Her bike screeched at the side of the lane and landed near the grass at the corner of the circuit.

Siren, who landed on the road, saw a bike coming towards her at the speed of light, she immediately rolled towards her right escaping from the near collision.

Aiden’s eyes widened in shock as he ran towards the front of the bleachers and tightly gripped the steel bar. His eyes turned red and glistened with unshed tears. Raven gripped his phone tightly until his knuckles turned white and crack was seen on the screen.

Alex, who was already on edge seeing her only daughter taking risk in the track, stopped breathing when the bike approached towards Siren. As he was about to run into the track he was stopped by Mark and other people in the place.

“Grace” he shouted and struggled to get free from their grasp.

“Alex, it's dangerous to run into the track now” Mark tried to calm him down, even though he was saddened at the turn of events. It’s all because of that damn bastard Max, always following underhand methods to win. He only hoped that Siren would come unharmed.

Max smirked, with Siren out of the track the championship should be his. At that thought he speeded up his bike along the track.