Chapter 38: Her secret crush

Noah who had escaped from the pervert and hurriedly entered the bar to take her shift. She had previously considered working in the bakery nearby her university but the pay is not as high as working in the bar.

With her father continuously bugging her for money this is the suitable place. This local bar was previously owned by an elder grandmother which is currently handled by her grandson Theodore.

Theodore is four years older than her. He lost both of his parents in an accident when he was six years old. His grandmother was the one who took care of him from a young age. So after finishing his studies in business management he refused to work outside and decided to help her grandmother to manage the bar. After taking over the bar he expanded it to a bar and restaurant.

The location of the bar is in the peak of the busy city hence the business is overall good and he does pay the workers well. When she lost her mother three years ago she was in dire need of money for her studies and taking care of her little sister. Theodore was the one who didn’t hesitate to help her when she approached him for a job even though she is just an inexperienced little girl.

He patiently teaches and often helps her with money. Theodore is a decent looking man with light brown shade curls and average height. She has always had a secret crush on him for the past two years but she knows she was nothing more than a little sister in his eyes. So she decided to keep her feelings to herself.

“Oh here you are!, I thought you wouldn’t make it in time” Theo smiled at her and ruffled her curls.

Noah’s heartbeat quickened at his action. It’s like his hobby, always patting or ruffling her hair like a little girl. Even though she hated that fact she couldn’t bring herself to refuse it.

She smiled at him, “ You know I always will”

He hummed softly in response, “Ok carry on, today will be a busy day” he once again patted her head and turned to leave for the kitchen.

She looked at his back, How kind unlike some pervert. At the thought of that man her brows furrowed in irritation. She went to change her clothes and carried out to serve the orders of the customers.

After finishing her shift she returned to her home. When she entered the house, it was totally silent indicating the absence of her father. She climbed the stairs and secretly peeked at her sister’s door. Mia was obediently seated on her desk and doing her homework. She smiled and slowly closed the door and went to the kitchen to prepare their dinner.

She made simple eggs in purgatory with rice and veggie fries. After arranging the dishes on the dining table she went upstairs to call her sister for dinner. When Mia saw her beloved sister she ran towards her and hugged her waist.

“You are eight and still acting like a child” Noah chided her lovingly.

Mia flashed her wide grin with two front teeth missing from its place. Noah laughed at her silly antics and got her down to the dining table. She served two plates of food for each and started eating in peace.

After finishing their dinner Mia helped her sister to dry the dishes which she had washed and arranged neatly on the shelf. They both silently did their work for an hour. When Noah finished her assigned work she turned to see her sister, Mia already fell asleep on the table with her open book and snored softly.

She shook her head in amusement and removed her glass. She carried her and placed her on bed before tucking her safely. She took a shower and changed into night clothes. Hearing a beep she saw her phone flashed with a message.

She took her and saw a wechat message from an unknown number. Her face grew red in anger once she read the message. Now she definitely knew who had texted her even without their name. The message contains a photo of a little Poodle dog, under the pic a single line which states “This reminds me of you” ends with a kissing emoji.

She now regrets that she didn’t hit him hard with sneakers that day. When she was about to block the contact, the next message popped up.

“If you don't want me to show up at your university tomorrow forget about blocking my contact”

She grinded her teeth hard and sent a big picture of sneakers in response and closed her phone and placed it on the table with a loud thud.

Mia stirred in her sleep hearing the sound. Noah immediately went towards her and took her little fingers and wrapped it around her pinky. As if feeling comfort and safety, Mia continued to sleep peacefully.

Noah joined her in bed and tucked the blanket on both of them and slept alongside her little sister.

On the other hand Hardin, who had received the sneakers, laughed loudly in his study. The Butler who acted as a wall by his master’s side wondered whether his master finally snapped.