CHAPTER 8- Prey of the night

Inside the car, Aiden fidgeted with his fingers. He seemed to be excited and his eyes spoke of unexplainable happiness.

The driver stared warily at his young master who grinned goofily without his knowledge.

The car came to halt in front of the most prestigious school of Worcester city , 'The Imperial Academy'. It is known for its top-notch education. Not everyone would get an admission there. The students here are the children of bigshots around the world. The more the money and power, the greater the authority is.

Aiden stepped down from the car and strolled towards the entrance of the school. People around stared at him as if he is an unattainable treasure that can be looked at but not touch.

Being the only son of Altron groups, it is natural for other students and their parents try to bootlick to gain favors from him.

Yet no one had the guts to approach him. For someone of his age he emits such an aura that demands respect and submission.

Aiden climbed the stairs, at the same time a girl with twin ponies came forward to him with a big pink lunchbox.

She brought the lunch forward, "Aiden... my mommy made a special lunch, lets share it", she said in a cute little voice but all Aiden heard was screeching sound which made him irritated.

He looked at the lunch box keenly "Did your mom decide to raise a pig?" he commented and left to his class.

Hearing this, the girl started to wail. This is how the Imperial Academy knew Aiden Grey as, cold and aloof.

The sun descended making the city of Worcester drown in darkness. Th headlight of the vehicles blinked in darkness just like the fireflies. The hustling and bustling lessened leaving the city with peaceful surroundings.

But the people never knew that the pack of wolves lurk in darkness before they hunt the lone sheep.

The girl in her mid twenties who works at the bar closed the door before moving towards the door. The darkness scared her yet the hope of tomorrow pushed her to continue her journey. When she turned to the alley she saw the group of drunken men arguing about something. She decided to move silently when one of them whistled at her. Dread filled her. She started to walk fast.

Suddenly a man from the group held her hand. She shrieked and yelled, "Get lost."

"Oh come on sweetie. Don't be shy, we will surely satisfy you" a man said in a sloppy voice and rubbed her hand.

She slapped his hand and started to run. Soon the other men started to chase her. She ran with all her might and entered into the nearby street when she collided with the figure.

She raised her head only to see a beautiful and tender girl in biker jacket looked at her with a emotionless electric blue eyes.

Drunken men soon caught up with her.

"Well...well... What do we have here, looks like we got another treat." The man who grabbed the girl earlier rubbed his hand in excitement.

After the brief encounter with Aiden, Siren went to visit 'Together bar' for her personal affairs. When she returned she saw a group of drunkards chasing a young woman and followed them.

Now, Siren was standing before them, her electric blue eyes looks like the heavy storm ready to destroy everything in its path.

The girl from the bar grabbed Siren's hand and said, " Come on, we should leave this place" she urged in a panicked voice.

Siren turned to her side and said in a calm tone " Leave it."

"Huh..." The girl asked in confusion.

"My hand... Leave it"

The girl left the hand. Seeing Siren's eyes and her dangerous tone somewhat gave her confidence that she is in safe company.

The bald man from the group licked his lips and came forward to touch Siren's face. All they heard was a bone crackling sound followed by loud screams of a man in pain.

Siren further twisted the man's hand until his shoulder blade was dislocated.

She smirked and said "Let's begin"