Chapter 36: Shattering glasses

Alex dropped her at her home. He already insisted she could  stay at his condo until her wounds recover but she right away refused him saying that his snores echoed throughout the condo.

Siren went to take a shower to wash off dirt from her body while making sure the wounds didn't get wet.

She saw her naked self in the mirror, water droplets dripping from her wet hair to her hard eleven-line abs, her face and body slightly pale from today’s exhaustion. She took the towel and wiped her hair; her eyes unintentionally fell on the side of her waist. Her movements slowed down as she stopped rubbing her hair with the towel.

She touched the spot where Raven caressed her. Even though time has passed she could still feel the heat of his palm on her skin. His hands are very rough, big and calloused but when he touched her, it's neither gentle nor hard as if he wants to implicit certain pain to remind her to treat the wound at the same time not wanting to hurt her.

Her breath quickened and unusual heat surged through her heart. She retrieved her hand to the side and washed her face. She looked at her reflection where reddened and glossy eyes stared right back at her.

She wants to rip this feeling out of her chest and set fire to it.

She bites the side of her cheeks until it bleeds before punching the mirror in front of her which gets shattered to pieces and pierce her knuckles. Her once smooth and white skin now turned bloody.

You are not supposed to feel this, she repeated in her heart.

Only then did she calm down, get changed and exit the shower.

…………………………………………………………………………….

At the Grey’s mansion, Raven seated at the big and dark brown leather chair sipping the wine in his hand. The cellar was dark and narrow with the wooden racks at the side holding various exquisite wines and alcohols. These are his favourite collections from all over the world. People bid for jewels, properties and paintings in auction, but he bid for wines and alcohols that are considered rare to acquire and stored in this very own cellar.

He swirled the glass in his hand seeing the red liquid inside it twirled round and round before settling at the bottom. His green eyes keenly looked at the glass as if it provided some hidden amusement. His lips slowly quirked up as he placed the glass on the nearby table.

A black shadow flashed in front of him at a speed of lightening before disappearing into the darkness of the cellar. Raven lazily looked at the file that was placed in front of him on the table. He took the file and started to read the details carefully. His brows furrowed and face turned serious as he skimmed through the pages. After reading it he closed the file and put it down.

He closed his eyes for a second before opening them and exhaled deeply. He once again shifted his gaze to the wine glass which still contains the remaining wine at the table. He gently glided his fingers at the rim of the glass before sliding towards the bowl of the glass. He held it gently and looked at it with the mirth in his eyes.

 “You are just like this Siren, trying to hold a wild storm in a mere glass wall. I wonder what happens when the wall broke” he chuckled darkly as his grip on the glass tightened before a small crack appeared on the glass which propagated further before the glass in his hand shattered to shards spilling the wine inside it mixing with the blood from the cut on his hands.

He picked up the file with his bloodied hands and put it in the bin before setting it in fire. He watched as the carbon in the paper got burned turning the white pages to dark dust.

After he left the cellar, the black shadow cleaned the floor which was stained with Raven’s blood and shattered glass. Only after making sure the cellar was cleaned to shine, he left the cellar with whoosh through the window.