Chapter 52: Let's marry

Aiden fell asleep in Siren’s arms. She carried him to the couch in the lobby and let him rest for a while. Alex heard everything from Siren and he couldn’t fathom how the children at a young age nowadays are so vicious in their speech.

“The school principal must be afraid of Raven to inform him about it” Alex said 

“He will eventually find out anyway” Siren replied to him

She was silent for a long while, seeing her deep in thought Alex didn’t know what she was thinking. 

“Dexy….” Siren called him but didn’t say anything. She looked straight at him unwaveringly

Alex knew she was about to say something that would shatter his poor heart. Siren opened her mouth when he interrupted her,

“Don’t even think about that. It’s true that I like Aiden and feel bad for him but it shouldn’t come at the cost of sacrificing my daughter and what more, the person we are talking about is Raven, Raven the GREY. Did you get it?” He spatted angrily and left the place without turning back

Siren set her lips in a thin line and watched Alex’s retreating back. She sighed and returned to oversee the works in the shed.

The angry Alex stormed out of the shed and took the seat where Aiden was sleeping soundly. He looked at the boy and pointed his finger at him, 

“Don’t even think about kidnapping my daughter from me. She belongs to me, my daughter" After finishing his inaudible rant he crossed his arms and let out a breath like an angry bull.

He calmed down after some time and looked at the face of the sleeping Aiden. The swell at the side of his lip reduced a bit but the torn skin may take a few days to heal. He frowned in his sleep and kept mumbling something. Alex scooted near him and listened silently, his heart hurt when he saw a lone tear spilled at the corner of his eyes.

When it was time to drop Aiden, Siren picked him up and buckled him to the car seat. He was still asleep so Alex suggested she should drive his car instead of bike. He was unwilling to wake up the little boy who was sleeping peacefully.

When Siren settled at the driver seat and started the car, Alex looked at her through the car window,

“Did you think it through?” he asked her.

Siren smirked and looked at him in amusement, “Aren’t you so unwilling before. What has changed now?”

Alex scoffed and said, “Of course I am still unsatisfied with that Raven boy, but for this little boy’s sake I can endure him and that Conan guy” 

Siren closed the car windows preventing the cold air entering inside and drive steadily towards the Grey’s mansion

Alex stood still and helplessly watched the departing car. 

“Aiden… is not motherless” that's what the little boy mumbled in his sleep. Even in his sleep he was stubborn, refusing to admit defeat. His stubbornness brings back memories to Alex that make him smile in bitterness.

On the other hand, Raven was checking a document in his study when he heard about Aiden's involvement in a fight in the school corridor from his secretary’s phone call. Ian said that the Academy’s principal will ask the other party to apologize to them. Raven knew Aiden would not carelessly be involved in any fight. If he did then the matter will not be something simple.

He told Ian that he will take care of this matter and tell him to not to take any action for the time being. He wants to talk to his son personally and should learn about the incident.

Siren must be aware about this, that’s why she took initiative to inform him before taking him to the shed even though that occurs frequently now.

At the same time, the butler knocked the door and informed him about Siren’s arrival. He closed the document he had been reading and exited the study. When he descended the stairs he saw Siren carrying sleeping Aiden in her arms followed by a butler who was carrying his young master’s backpack.

He came near them and checked the wounds on his son’s cheek. His eyes darkened seeing the blue bruises, even though the swell is not big now he could tell how it was before the treatment.

He gave a side glance to the butler, understanding his master’s command he took the young master from Siren’s arms and carried him to his bedroom.

Siren looked at Aiden’s sleeping face where the unharmed cheek was pressed at the butler’s shoulder. As if realizing the change of body temperature he stirred in butler’s arms but soon went back to sleep.

The hall was silent, both of them stood opposite to each other and stared silently at each other's faces.

Raven broke the silence, “Thanks for taking care of him. I heard what happened in school from my assistant just now”

Siren replied with a simple yes and then the room became silent again. After an unknown amount of time she told him, 

“Mr. Grey, let’s get married ”