Chapter 17: A Huntress for a Hunter

Everyone’s jaws dropped at the sight of a man who was walking towards them. Alex furrowed his brows wondering what this man was doing in this place.

The man was tall and fair, his hair was all white and gelled neatly at the side. His face is covered with wrinkles and a well grown beard which shows his mature charm. His backbone slightly bends as he carries a wooden cane in his right hand.

The man was dressed in a three piece white and grey suit matched with an ash coloured necktie. He smiled charmingly at the ladies. The ladies squealed like a high school girl as if seeing their crush for the first time.

Alex who had been enjoying all the women’s attention till now frowned seeing his spotlight stolen by someone. He saw how the man continued to showcase his so-called harmless smile. The ladies gushed among themselves about how handsome the man was despite being old. Alex scoffed at the sight, put his leg one over other and leaned on the sofa holding the empty tea cup in his hand.

Of course, Alex heard about him, there was no one in the city who didn’t know him. He is Conan Grey, a great business conglomerate, a former CEO of Altron Groups. After building and ruling a massive empire over years he handed over the business to his grandson Raven Grey. It's like a hobby that one of the Grey family members would hit the front cover of a business magazine on a daily basis.

Currently, business magazines are always filled with Raven Grey’s achievement and how he holds the country’s economy with an iron fist.

Alex saw he turned his head towards his direction and gave the same smile to him. But he was not a fool to believe it, he could see the mischievousness dancing in his eyes.  

Another man came near him and whispered something in his ear before retreating a few steps back. He gave him a simple nod before making his way towards the lounge and taking the seat in front of him. He elegantly took the tea pot before pouring the tea for himself. He sipped the tea and chimed,

“Wonderful. Mrs. Rosalie, aren’t you?” Conan asked.

Mrs. Rosalie who has been drowned at Conan’s charm snapped out of her daze when she heard her name being called

“Pardon”

“You brewed the tea well Mrs. Rosalie”, Conan complimented which made her blush in ecstasy.

“Now ladies please excuse us. I have something personal to speak to Mr. Dexter”

Even though the ladies are disappointed they didn’t dare to disobey him as they knew about him and the power that Altron group owns. They dispersed as if nothing is as interesting as conversing with these rich and handsome men.

“Seems like Mr. Dexter took fancy to Rosa’s tea. Should I request Mr. Benjamin to send you a dozen tea bags?” Conan humoured him.

“Mr. Conan Grey, we both know that  the tea tasted like shit. By the way what is the wolf doing in a circus” Alex asked him.

Conan’s shrewd eyes keenly looked at him before replying, “ The lion seems to be out of tricks to perform in circus, so the wolf decided to teach him personally”

“Hm… never heard about wolf performing in circus, seems like you are the odd one out”

“If there's going to be plenty of prey under one roof then why not?” Conan raised his brow provocatively.

“Spare me from your entertainment Mr.Grey, just tell me what you want to talk to me”.

 Alex wondered what is so important that demands his personal arrival, it's not like they are familiar with each other. The number of  times he met this man can be easily counted on the fingers of one hand. That's more like him staring from a distance, so he wondered how he knew his name. 

“Your daughter… I want her to be my grand daughter-in-law” 

The tea glass that Alex held shattered into pieces due to his tight grip and blood started to drip from the cuts. His eyes hardened hearing this yet Conan was unfazed as he merely  glanced over the wound before meeting his eyes.

“I am not a fool to hand over my cub to a hunter Mr. Grey” saying this Alex got up from the seat to leave. He stopped midway when he heard Conan.

“A cub or…... .a HUNTRESS” but Alex didn't reply as he made his way towards the exit and left the place.