Chapter 56: Family's first date

Now he has one more person to protect from his enemies. Tomorrow the news of his marriage will reach every nook and corner of the city and if he is not wrong his enemies would have already caught the whiff about it. 

But he didn’t care, he is not someone who rejects the idea of doing things that makes oneself happy in fear of losing them. If anything, he will do what he likes and will face the consequences later.

He is the most feared man in the underground so he will do anything to preserve the happiness of his son.

Aiden bugged Raven to take him and his mother out. Conan and Alex also felt it is good to spend time together to get to know each other more. They took their leave leaving the new family of three to themselves. 

“Where do you want to go?” Raven asked his son

Aiden turned his head towards his mother and asked, “Mommy, where do you want to go?”

Siren shook her head at him, “I have no idea” 

She never did this sort of thing before, so she was confused. If it is Alex he would take her to different restaurants to taste new dishes now and then and drag her to shopping malls to personally choose her clothings.

“Then we can go to the hub” Raven suggested

Aiden's eyes twinkled and he nodded his head up and down, “Yes. let's go there, I will introduce Izzy, Medusa and odin to mother” 

He grabbed her hand and swing it left and right, “Mommy lets go to the hub”

Siren didn’t know what hub they are talking about but judging from the names it must be something related with growing pets. Anyway she nodded her head and told them they should go there.

The hub was located a little far away from the main city. It takes an hour and a half to reach the hub. It was actually located a little near to the base of his gang which made it easier for the transportation of goods from the hub to the base.

He parked his car in front of the large vintage building which was covered with trees and creepers. The walls were painted with rustic yellow and maroon giving a warm and homely feeling.

 Raven got down from the car and held the door open for Siren. She didn’t comment on his gentleman behaviour as she already knew he was not one. Aiden soon followed behind his mother and attached himself to her like glue. 

Raven guided them inside the building. Siren set her lips in a thin line when she went inside, because the building was nothing nice like what it was seen outside. Apart from the hallway the walls of the house were attached with a series of glass boxes each holding snakes of different sizes and kinds. 

As she explored further she finally realised the hub they are talking about is nothing but a snake breeding house. 

Aiden grabbed her hand and dragged her to the biggest glass wall which was placed at the centre. Inside the glass wall there are three snakes which are crawling in the large wood that is placed inside the box.

“Mom, that is Izzy and the one with brown patches is Medusa. The smallest one among three is Odin. Odin is the smallest but he eats the most” Aiden said to his mother enthusiastically.

On the other hand, Siren feels a little uncomfortable wondering whether the children of four like snakes nowadays. 

She turned around to see Raven who was silently observing them on the sideline. He understood the hidden worry in her eyes and smiled, “They are non venomous”

“Yes. Daddy said they won't bite but swallow as whole” Aiden explained to his mother

Raven’s lip twitched and his hand itches to beat this little brat. Is he planning to ruin his image in front of his new wife?

Siren glared at him and turned to face Aiden to hear his explanations. They explored the house which has many snakes and Aiden continuously explained about the name and characteristics of each snake.

Siren was surprised that the little boy really knew so much about snakes and seemed to be really passionate about them. It was interesting to hear many things about snakes from his little mouth.

Raven then led them upstairs, contrary to the live snakes the place was filled with snake samples and carcasses placed in formalin. There are more than hundred samples neatly arranged in the racks.

“Raven” a man in mid sixty greeted him with a smile

Siren saw an old man with glasses wearing white coat holding a jar which contained a dead snake in it.

“Dr. Shaun” he greeted him and Aiden too greeted the old man politely

Raven then introduced Siren to him, “This is Siren, my wife”

The old man was shocked but he didn’t forget to greet her and she greeted him back. He and Conan were buddies from high school and to think that cunning bastard didn’t inform him before.

Aiden went along with Dr. Shaun when he heard about the arrival of new species. Raven and Siren were now left alone in the room.

“There is a glass garden at the backside of the house. Do you want to see?”

Siren nodded her head finding nothing interesting after Aiden went out of her sight.