CHAPTER 16: Missing spade 1

Standing in front of the spade card, Daniel analyzes every nook and cranny of the card for possible evidence. When the spade was handed over to the forensic department, the only blood sample obtained belonged to the dead man.

Daniel observed how the sharp edge of the card shone in the light. It was very sharp, as if a slight touch would cut the finger.

"Johnny, where is the other card?", Daniel questioned his assistant, who has been standing beside him and rubbing his nose with a handkerchief occasionally.

"Boss...achoo...that card...achoo...was placed along with...achoo...respective files in the file room," he finished with great difficulty.

Daniel saw how his assistant's nose looked completely red from constant rubbing and his face was rosy. He looks no different from a pig.

"How did you catch a cold in this hot summer?"

"I was splashed with cold water," Johnny replied with a straight face.

Daniel raised his brows as if asking him to brief it.

"I just suggested the best hospital for plastic surgery to the woman, seeing that her nose job has not been done well. She splashed cold water on my face," Johnny briefly described the incident.

"Why did you comment on a random girl?"

"She was not any random girl. She was my date"

Daniel looked at his assistant, wondering whether he was born dump or grew dumper. He begins to reconsider his choice of choosing him as his assistant.

"Forgot it. Let's go and get the other card"

They make their way towards the file room where the records of crimes have been kept. The entry for file room is not easy to get, but it's not the case with Squad 13, as most of the cases have been solved by them and have a special treatment. They don't take much effort to obtain the key to the room.

It does not take long to get the reports as the murder had happened not long before. Daniel wore the gloves to cover his hands not wanting to disrupt the collected evidence. He inspects the card which has the same intricate spade design and sharp shiny edge. Dried blood smeared at the silver edges.

As expected, the reports stated that the card contained only one person's blood sample.

"Johnny, send the two cards to forensic department and tell them to find which material is used to make these edges"

"Yes boss" he replied and left the room.

Daniel stood in the middle of the dimly lit file room. He wondered how could that person manage to throw the poker card without hurting himself with such sharp edges. Another thing he could not understand was both these cards carry number 2 and 3.

"Then where is spade 1?"

..........................................

Elite Dance Club

Elite dance club is one of the prominent clubs in Worcester city where the old aged men and women of high status gather around to spend their time dancing and relaxing. The club is not highly modernised rather the place is quiet and cosy. Plants covered the place giving a friendly and homely atmosphere.

Currently a group of old women surround the man in the middle of the lounge. The man's soft brown curls combed at the side, slightly grown stubbles under his chin and crow feet near his eyes gives him a gentle and kind look. He leaned on the sofa and elegantly sipped the tea served to him.

"Mrs. Benjamin, only you could make such fine tea" the man complimented the woman who served him.

"Oh Alex, you are exaggerating. Anyway just call me Rosalie afterall it has been two weeks we all have been interacting with each other" the woman named Rosalie said to Dexter coquettishly.

"Then I will call you Rosa, hope you don't mind, do you?" he asked amiably.

The old woman's heart trembled as she blushed and replied softly, "Of course i won't"

"Alex, who was that young girl with you last time?" another woman asked him, successfully gaining his attention.

"Oh! Are you asking about Siren? She is my daughter" Alex said proudly with his chest puffed out.

"Your daughter?" the woman repeated, unable to believe it.

"Yes she is, lovely isn't she?" Alex grinned showing his canines.

Everyone present there is shocked by the fact that the handsome man who they have conversed with for the past two weeks has a daughter and a beautiful one in that. But what shocked them more was that the girl looked nothing like him.

Just as a woman from the group was going to ask about why they didn't resemble each other they heard steady footsteps. Alex and others simultaneously turned their heads towards the source.

Everyone's jaws dropped at the sight of a man who was walking towards them. Alex furrowed his brows wondering what this man was doing in this place.