Chapter 35: Godfather to Daddy

Siren stood up from the place and ran towards her bike. Finding it in drivable condition she tried to push hard and bump start the bike. As the bike gets into life she accelerates the bike to make the tires have maximum traction with the ground.

Without wasting a second she speeded up the bike and joined the race. Aiden wiped the tears in his eyes and hopefully watched the race.

As she speeded up the bike she finally caught up to the third position pushing back the riders one by one. When it's time to  finish the final laps she puts her body weight at the right side making her upper body lean into the corner of the lane to wear down her knee pads and drag her shoulder along the road.

As the centrifugal force pushed her outwards, she successfully pushed back the two riders and crossed the finish line. She slowed down the bike and stopped at the side of the lane.

The crowd was stunned, unable to believe what was happening before them. Loud cheers and praise echoed throughout the Alcaraz lane.

After pulling up her bike she walked towards the side where Alex was restrained by many people. She removed her helmet making her midnight black hair cascaded down her waist and removed her leather jacket.

Upon seeing Siren, Mark let go of Alex, but before he could make his way towards his daughter a small figure rushed past him and collided with his daughter's legs.

Siren picked up Aiden in her arms. Seeing the red eyes of the small boy she felt bad for some reason.

“Afraid?” she questioned him as she wiped his tear stains from his face.

Aiden shaked his head and nuzzled into her neck. Hearing the whimpers she patted his back.

Alex who once again faced the injustice saw Max getting out of the track with his bike. Rage filled his eyes as he rushed towards him before landing a heavy punch on his face.

“You bastard” he punched him until his face swelled like a pig.

“Stop” Max tried to stop him, but the more he tried the heavier the punches got. Unable to bear the pain he seeked the help of Mark who was standing nearby.

Mark hid his eyes with both of his hands and turned his head away from him.

Max was speechless.

On the other side after consoling Aiden, Siren carried him to the bench and took the seat. Raven who followed his son carried a water bottle in his hand and passed it to Siren. Without much thought she gets the bottle and drinks water from it muttering a simple thank you to him.

After removing the leather jacket the bruises on her arms are visible to one’s eyes. Due to the drag force there are little abrasions littered at the side of her arms. Raven remained silent seeing the blood trickled from the scratch yet she paid no heed to it. It must not be the first time, he thought in his mind.

Alex successfully returned after forcing Max to call him Godfather to Daddy and recorded it in his phone. He carried the first aid box in his hand and tended her wounds. Siren not even hissed at the stinging sensation when he used alcohol to clean her wounds.

After treating her wounds, Mark, Alex and Aiden, who insist on coming with them, went to collect the grand prize leaving Siren and Raven alone in the place.

Siren removed her gloves and placed them on her bike seat. She squatted down to check the condition of her bike. Her lips twitched seeing the scratches and dents on her favourite bike. Raven silently watched her. Her irritated face somewhat  brings amusement to his wicked soul.

She stood up with a sigh and patted her bike seat.

“How is your wound?” hearing the voice she turned her head and faced him.

She glanced at her arm which was cleaned and applied with yellow cream, “Hmm. Better”

He came forward and wrapped his arms around her waist and pulled her towards his chest. His hand slowly lifted her shirt at the back and caressed the skin at the side of her waist, his eyes stared straight at her electric blue eyes with a serious expression. Siren involuntarily flinched, unknown whether it is due to his feel of rough palm on her skin  or the stinging of the wound.

Raven released her and showed her his fingers which were stained with her blood, “Treat it. We don't need a scar on this beautiful skin, do we?”

He turned to walk in the opposite direction leaving her alone. She glared at his retreating  back, wishing to create a hole on that handsome head. She wondered how he found that she had injured the side of her waist.

When she was thrown off from her bike she tried to reduce the drag force by pressing her body weight firmly on the ground to stop the possible collision of her head with any nearby wall which lead to severe scarps at her waist.

He had his eyes on her, she simply concluded.