Chapter 31: The Magic Mirror

Hearing the words Sam raised his head and his hazy silver eyes met the person and his eyes widened in recognition.
“Sir?” he exclaimed, gaining the attention of passersby.
Fredrick who became the object for spectators cleared his throat, “Just call me Fredrick”
“I am sorry about your shirt sir” Sam apologised again.
Fredrick lip twitched seeing him addressing him as sir, “ You see Sam, I cannot accept your apology” he said with a serious face.
“I..I can pay for laundry” he said nervously, twisting the end of his sweatshirt.
Cute, Fredrick thought in mind.
“You know, I will give you an easy choice. Call me Fredrick and I will accept your apology” he smiled at him.
Sam hesitated for a second but he also didn't want to make things complicated.
“Fredrick” he called in a small voice.
“There we go. Simple isn't it?” He placed the flowers in the passenger's seat and faced him.
“So Sam, What are you doing here?” he questioned him as he was curious to know more about him.
“Oh, I am on my way to the bar. I took the evening shift today” he answered, still fidgeting with his sweater.

“Mr. Fredrick, could you please share your number so that I can wire the laundry cost?” he asked hesitantly.

Fredrick, who has been immersed in observing the adorable small movements of the man before him, completely forgets about his ruined shirt. But not wanting to lose the chance to get his number he took out his mobile and gave him his contact details.

Realising that he has been running out of time for his part time job Sam quickly bowed to him and rushed along the way.

“Ah” remembering the hanky he had in his pocket, he took it out and saw the way Sam had rushed into.

“Seems like we will meet again” he smiled and put it inside his pocket.

He accelerated his car towards his home. On entering his home he saw his mother talking and laughing with someone on the phone whereas his father was nowhere to be seen. Seeing his son, Gloria ended the call and moved forward to hug his son.
“My dear sweet son, Have you just now remembered your mother?” she patted her son and looked at him longingly.

“Come on mom we just met two days ago” He handed her the flowers he bought,  hugged her mother’s neck and kissed her cheek.

“Mom, Where is dad?” he asked her mom who was engrossed in the pink clove flowers in her hand.

“Mom?”

“Oh, just now he came from the office and entered his study. Go and meet him” she urged him.

Gloria with the pink clove flowers in her hands entered her room and walked into her walk in closet. She faced the full length mirror attached to the wall and placed the flowers on the vanity table.

“Babe! See what I got for you” she caressed the mirror. Her fingers softly brushed past every inch of the mirror, her eyes holding a deep affection. She smiled sweetly at her reflection.

“Babe, its pink clove. Do you know what it represents?” She picked a flower and placed it in her bun and glanced at the mirror.

“It means…I will never forget you” her eyes bore into the mirror wanting to sink with it. She smiled and kissed the mirror and exited the closet.

……………………………………………………………….

“Hey what’s up with dark clouds above our boss’s head” the mechanic nudged his fellow worker.

“Who knows? He had been like that for an entire week” he shrugged and returned back to his work.

Alex sighed heavily for the umpteenth time, all thanks to Conan Grey. He heard the tire screech and turned to see Siren parking her bike in front of the shed. Siren picked the small boy who was seated in front and put him down.

The boy adjusted his backpack and held Siren’s pinky finger. Alex was once again shocked by the boy. No matter how many times he saw this little fireball, he was just…just too shiny that he got blazed.

“Grandpa” he respectively bowed at him.

Alex awed at his cuteness as he picked him up in his arms. Aiden who dislikes being sticky and sappy with others obediently lay in his arms.

“What happened? Did you pick him up from school?” he asked Siren who was seated at the sofa in the lobby and fiddling with her phone.

“Hmm. His car broke down in the middle” she replied calmly.

“How did you come to know this?” he asked in bewilderment not understanding how she picked up the boy who was standing in the middle of the road somewhere.

Siren looked at him as if his brain was roasted by the sun, she closed her phone and shook it in front of him, “He called me.”

“You...you exchanged contacts” he asked in wonderment. As a father, he had begged for two weeks to get his daughter’s number.

The injustice!