Chapter 53: Once mine, will forever be

“Let’s get married”

Raven was entirely calm even though he was surprised he didn’t show it on his face. He stared at her silently for a moment

“Let’s go to my study and discuss this matter” he said and took her to his study

Siren followed him and entered his study. His study was surprisingly not big but compact with a small black wooden study table with a shiny glass surface and his computer on top. The series of wooden racks were attached to the side of a wall in a criss cross pattern with books and documents neatly arranged on it. 

The other side of the wall was mounted with the photo frames of Aiden from his childhood till now. Siren walked towards the particular photo where Aiden was sitting on Raven’s shoulder and smiled with his missing front tooth. He was probably two at that time, his face was chubby and rosy with his little fingers grabbing his father’s hair for support.

Raven leaned on his table and folded his hands. He looked at her, immersed in observing the photos on the wall.

“You love your son” Siren stated the fact

“Without a doubt. He's my son” Raven didn’t deny it

Siren faced him and asked with a straight face, “ When will we get the marriage certificate?”

Raven chuckled, “With your eagerness, I might think that you like me”

She set her lips in a thin line and frowned at him but she could feel the rising heart beat

“I should make some things clear before getting married,” Raven said in a serious tone. Siren didn’t step back as he closed the distance between them. 

“I know Aiden likes you a lot and wants you to be his mother. Of course I approached you with the intention of courting you but I am not into some shitty contract where you will be my temporary wife and get divorced later”

He leaned towards her, his green orbs looking straight into her electric blue one, “Once mine, then belongs to me forever” 

“Glad, same here” Siren said looking straight without evading his dangerous and provoking eyes. She knew once she fell into his hand there was no escape from him. He is a dangerous predator, once set his eyes on a prey he will not stop his hunt until his claws are marked deep down in the prey's body and soul.

But she is no sheep that fears wolves.

Raven smirked hearing her reply and stood straight before saying, “ We can register our marriage first and wedding will follow later” 

“There is no need for wedding, we can simply register it” 

“Tsk…you are marrying one of the richest and handsome men in the world. It will be a waste if we didn’t show off a little” he raised his brows in question.

Siren’s lips twitched at his narcissistic personality, but what he said is also true. He owns multiple businesses and with dealings underground, even his bathtub would be in gold.

As for his looks, she began to wonder whether it is because of his looks that her heart waver.

She rolled her eyes at him and said, “Whatever”

“Sharp 10 tomorrow morning, I will pick you up from the shed” 

“Ok then. I will get going” 

Raven asked the butler to see her out and made his way to his son’s room. Aiden slept in the middle of the bed with a blanket covering half of his body. Raven strolled towards the bed and dragged the chair before taking the seat.

“Drop the act, I know you are not asleep” 

Aiden bit his lips and immediately stood up from the bed. He kicked the blanket aside and jumped at his father. Raven caught him in his arms and made him sit in his lap facing him. He looked at his son and touched the corner of the lips where the skin was broken.

Aiden hissed at the pain

“Does it still hurt?” Raven questioned him with furrowed brows

“Hmm. A little” Aiden replied nonchalantly

Raven tapped his forehead with his fingers, “Little brat, you are becoming more and more fearless”

After a few minutes he asked him, “Did you win the fight?”

Aiden grinned at his father’s question, of course this is why he loves his father very much.

“There are no visible wounds but I am sure he must be wailing in pain now” 

Raven smirked and caressed his son’s hair. But he is not going to leave this incident just like that. Aiden briefly explained what happened in the school and others called him motherless.

A dark glint passed across Raven’s eyes when he heard about others calling his son motherless. He suppressed his anger and saw his son who was explaining meticulously about how Siren comforted him in detail.

A small smile appeared at the corner of his lips. He is not in love with that woman but she intrigued him. It was her fearless and challenging eyes that made her interesting. He wants to know her at least for the sake of his son

All matters to him was his son’s happiness

“She proposed a marriage to me” 

Raven broke the news to his son who stopped his blabbering and looked at his father with his jaw down.