Chapter 30: Cinderella stained Prince's shirt

#Raven's mask#

Hutson Law firm

It has been twenty minutes since Carlos explained himself to the C.E.O of Hutson law firm, Mr. Craig Hutson. The entire room was filled with silence. At the side Gloria Hutson calmly finished her green tea and elegantly dabbed her lips with the tissue.

Mr. Craig who has been silently listening to Carlos until now asked him with a serious face,
"So you are saying, someone framed you"

"Yes sir. I had been attacked to unconsciousness" he answered with his head low.

Gloria raised from her seat, "Oh come on honey, you know Carlos has been making significant contributions to our law firm recently. That must be the work of some jealous competitors"

Mr. Craig seemed to be hesitating for a moment but not wanting to disappoint his wife he smiled amicably and said, "Mr. Carlos I trust you, after all you have been recommended by my wife and she would never praise unworthy people. I will talk to the PR team and release the notice to solve your situation. You can go now" he dismissed him.

Carlos thanked him and exited the cabin. Now being two in the room, Gloria came forward and kissed his husband's cheek, "Thank you honey"

"You don't need to thank me. Like you said Mr. Carlos is a talented person" he smiled at his wife. Time has left a mark on him, making him look older than his age but his wife was still young and beautiful. He always feared she would eventually get tired of this life but she never complained and was very considerate towards him and their son.

"Oh! Where is Fredrick? I didn't see him for two days" he questioned his wife.

Gloria laughed softly, "Probably partying with friends somewhere. You know youngsters these days" she sighed heavily.

Craig laughed loudly, "Of Course. Don't worry he is still young. He will definitely grow into responsible person just like his mother"

"Oh hush, stop exaggerating. I am sure he will be just like his father. Now let's eat, it doesn't taste good if it get cools down"

"Why are you stressing yourself? Didn't I say I will manage" Craig chided his wife in a doting tone.

"Eating outside food is not good for your health. I made these dishes on my own, so let's eat."

Mr. Craig smiled contently and just like that the couples started to eat in a harmonious illusion.

On the other side Fredrick, who has been resting in his private lounge, sat comfortably on the sofa. He held a soft hanky in his hand, it has a silver coloured shiny symbol "S" and small fern leaves embroidered at the right corner.

"Soft, Shiny, Silver. Just like him" he had a gentle smile on his face and he folded the hanky and placed it in his pants pocket.

He picked up his car key and drove to his home. It has been two days since he visited his parents. If he is not wrong his father might be fussing about this. He stopped at the nearby florist shop to get his mother's favourite flowers, a pink clove.

After he paid for the bouquet he turned to enter the car when someone bumped into him spilling a coffee on him. A big patch of stain formed on his pastel green shirt which was a gift from his mother. It was his favourite shirt, he always reminded the maids to take extra care while washing this shirt but who knows it was ruined just like that.

He was very angry and when he was about to give the person an earful, anxious silver eyes looked at his stained shirt. He was very nervous as he chewed his lower lips. Fredrick was taken aback to see the person who has been occupying his thoughts day and night. This might be a fateful encounter he thought in his heart.

The person in front of him didn't see him as he was still engrossed in the stain in his shirt. Hoping to gain his attention he took the initiation to speak.

"Hel..."

"I am extremely sorry sir."

Before he could speak the person in front of him bowed and apologised repeatedly. Seeing this, Fredrick chuckled as if remembered something.

"Still not over with bowing?"

Hearing the words Sam raised his head and his hazy silver eyes met the person and his eyes widened in recognition.