Chapter 24: Bloody sweet and sweat

Siren drives her bike in the middle of the busy road at the speed of  lightning. She stopped in front of the famous bar. Seeing her, the security guard didn't block her as she is a regular here.

Siren removed her black leather jacket and hung it on her shoulder. She moved towards the bar counter and ordered herself a lemon Moscato.

Her bright electric eyes scanned the entire bar as she sipped the white wine. Suddenly a waiter came and bow to her and served her a Port red wine,

 "Mam, The gentle man over there ordered it for you"

Siren raised her head and looked in the direction of the second floor the waiter had pointed to, her brows furrowed seeing the person, Raven smirked at her.

What's up with this son and father duo always showing in front of her at odd times, Siren thought in her mind.

Siren saw how he stared right at her with a deep gaze as if he wanted to dissect her into pieces and examine her soul. 

"Miss Siren you are here, our manager has been waiting for you, shall we?" another waiter came to her and gestured towards the manager's room.

Siren stood up from the stool and side glanced at the waiter who didn't change his bowing posture. She picked the stem of the glass and gulped the wine in one go.The sweet taste of the wine burst in her tongue. She handed the glass to the man before following the waiter.

The small drop of sweat dripped on the floor from the forehead of the waiter who had been bowing all the time. His hand was still shaking from fear, fortunately his head was saved today. 

"Ahhh... it's not fair why does she have to drink that?" Hardin exasperated and slumped on the couch.

Raven didn't take his eyes off her until she disappeared inside the door.

"She knows," Raven whispered.

"What? What does she know?" Hardin questioned his friend. 

He has been in low spirits after he failed to gather the information Raven has asked him to as if it is not enough, he has been called a thief, a pervert, beaten with sneakers and his...his balls. Forget it, he will test for fertility afterwards.

Thinking about those blonde curls he clenched his hand and gritted his teeth. He, the almighty Hardin Spencer has never been humiliated to this extent in his twenty seven years of life.

Raven shifted his gaze to his friend who seemed as if he wanted to break someone's neck. 

"What did you get"

Hardin came out of his anger bubble and replied to him, "Hmm she is clean, no connection with the underground, but..."  Hardin paused, not knowing whether his suspicions were valid or not.

"Continue" Raven sipped the same Vintage Port wine he had ordered for Siren.

"There is no information on how she ended up in the orphanage, and she was adopted on the second day of her admission. Don't you think it's suspicious?"

Raven didn't utter a single word and listened to his words carefully.

 "Look into Alex's past" saying that he gulped the entire content in the glass and picked up his coat. 

"And..." Raven paused, gaining his friend's attention,

"Wipe the shoe mark off your face" he gave his friend a crooked smile and left the bar.

Hearing this Hardin's face hardened and his eyes filled with rage, "N.O.A.H C.A.R.T.E.R"

....................................................

Siren entered the room which the waiter had pointed to. The door was closed and the waiter who accompanied her closed the door and stood as a guard in front of it.

"Finally my baby is here!" the silver haired man exclaimed and came towards Siren for a warm hug.

"Touch me and you are dead," Siren said with a straight face.

"Ouch.. I am hurt" he chuckled and ruffled her hair to which she glared at him.

They both took a seat opposite to the man who was busy reading a file in his hand. Seeing that they both finished the quarrel he slid the file in his hand to Siren.

"Here, the details you asked are here" the man replied in a crisp tone.

Siren took the file from the table and flipped the pages, her eyes scanned everything in the file. 

The man who handed the file observed her keenly, "How are you doing?"

The hands that flipped the pages stopped abruptly, she shifted her gaze from file to the man sitting opposite to her, "Better, Why are you asking?"

The man leaned against the sofa, adjusted his glass and narrowed his eyes at the palm of her right hand, "I told you not to hurt yourself"

Hearing this, the silver hair who has been silent all this time jolted and jumped to get her hand, "Baby, what happened to your hand?"

Siren took her hand away from his grip and silently resumed to flip the pages, "It's just an accidental cut from glass."

She folded the file in her hand and wore her jacket, " Be careful, someone soon will try to dig up"

"Hmm. We will"

She left the room with the file.

The silver-haired man pouted seeing her leaving so soon and asked the man, "Ruth, Is she going to be okay?"

Ruth, who had been thinking of something, smiled brightly and replied, " Sam, Didn't you like to purchase mini dresses for children? lets go now"

The dumbfounded Sam, "What?"

# ⭐️pic above: Sam Tyser⭐️#