ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔦𝔣𝔱𝔶 𝔗𝔴𝔬

As the dragons took to the skies, carrying the members of the small group, they marvelled at the sight unfolding before them of the sun setting in front of them. The once-shrouded land was now bathed in the warm light of a new beginning. The darkness had been vanquished, and hope had been restored.

Allara leaned back a bit and bumped against Vanir's chest and she was about to apologise when the elf held her closer to him and propped his chin on the top of her head rather fondly. Allara blushed lightly and relaxed into the male's arms as they flew back to Ilirea.

As the dragons soared higher into the sky, their wings beating with power and purpose, the group disappeared from sight, leaving behind a land now changed as the previous prisoners awoke and took to their homes once more, being greeted happily by their families.

Ж

"There is not much you can do now Eragon" Glaedr told the young rider as he and his brother prepared to fly to Alagaësia to help with the problem.

"What do you mean?" Eragon asked.

"The girl actually made it" another Eldunarí chuckled out.

"Agaravel did tell us she and those younglings had potential" yet another added.

Murtagh, more confused than ever, unsaddled Thorn as he heard the Eldunarí's statements.

Ж

Nasuada looked to the skies as they darkened and someone caught sight of the two dragons arriving back at the capital.

"They're back!" Roran shouted as he had been waiting in anticipation for the arrival of the group.

Ж

As Allara and the others approached the capital, the sight of the waiting crowd filled them with a mix of relief and anticipation. The city square was bustling with activity as people eagerly gathered, their eyes fixed on the darkening skies.

Allara and the others saw the waiting people as well as little white Umaroth who Vanir had to leave behind since the dragon was still far too young and small to come with them.

As soon as Drogos and Embar landed, Umaroth glided down from the tower he was on with Elva to greet the older dragons happily and his rider.

"Hello Umaroth" Vanir said with expressive happiness as the white dragon gave his pale face a few quick licks with his rough tongue.

"Your highness" Angela and all the others greeted their reigning queen and the dark skinned woman also greeted and thanked them, asking to know what had happened back in Dras Leona.

As the group gathered around Queen Nasuada and Elva, they began recounting the events that had unfolded in Dras Leona. They described the hidden chamber, the captive villagers, and the chilling encounter with the Shade. The tale was met with gasps of horror and disbelief from the other people listening in on them.

"I can't believe the extent of the darkness that had taken hold of our city," Nasuada said, her voice filled with sorrow. "Thank you all for your bravery in putting an end to it."

"We couldn't have done it without each other. This victory belongs to all of us" Angela nodded solemnly in an attitude quite contrary to her normal one.

Drogos, Embar, and Umaroth stood nearby, their presence a reminder of the unwavering bond between dragons and their riders. The dragons exchanged gentle nuzzles with their companions, their large wings draped protectively around them.

"We owe a great debt to our loyal dragons," Rimmar said, the dwarf's voice filled with gratitude. "Their strength and wisdom guided us through the darkest of times."

"Thank you, Allara, for everything you have done for us up until now" Nasuada smiled warmly, her regal demeanor softened by the genuine gratitude she felt for her companions.

As they stood together, the group made a collective decision to bring justice to those who had orchestrated the atrocities in Dras Leona. They understood that their journey was not yet over, and that there were still battles to be fought and wounds to be healed.

"We must ensure that these dark forces are uprooted and that peace is restored" Allara declared, her voice filled with determination. "We will rebuild our city and honor the lives lost"

"Together, we will overcome the darkness and forge a brighter future for our people" Elva nodded in agreement.

With renewed purpose, the group set out to address the needs of the surviving villagers, providing them with shelter, food, and the care they desperately required alongside the three dragons. The task was daunting, but they worked tirelessly, drawing strength from the unity that had brought them this far.

Days turned into weeks, and the city of Dras Leona slowly began to heal. The scars of the past remained, but they served as a reminder of the resilience and triumph of the human spirit.

Word of their victory spread throughout the land, igniting a spark of hope in the hearts of those who had lived in fear for far too long. The people looked to Allara and her companions as beacons of light, symbols of courage and perseverance.

In time, Dras Leona flourished once again, its streets bustling with life and laughter. The memory of the darkness that had plagued the city became a distant echo, replaced by a newfound sense of unity and hope, even the nearly abandoned towns were being repopulated and the abandoned children received housing and new homes.

As for Allara and Vanir, they were now being addressed as Shadeslayers all across the continent, something that the elf had to explain to his partner in a rather excited tone of voice since it was considered a very accomplishing thing. Their names would be forever etched in the canals of the history of Alagaësia, a testament to the power of resilience and the triumph of good over evil.

When Allara had a few moments to herself, she sat down with Drogos and Embar thinking of how much time had passed since they had been stranded in this unknown continent. From the day she and the two dragons had landed on Vroengard, the time that had passed was several months and she was quite shocked at how quickly she had gotten accounted and close with the people there, especially the elf she spent most of her time with (😏😎).

To her surprise, a crow had found its way to her shared room with the dragons wearing a letter on its leg. The moment Allara saw the stamp on the letter she laughed and opened it.

'Allara darling, wherever you are, I, your father and your brothers, as well as the rest of the royal family, miss you a lot and hope you are well.

If you receive this letter and when you do, please tell us how you are doing. And give our greetings to Drogos and Embar as well.

Love, your mother,

Lady Aurora Belgrave Stark'

Allara ran into the castle a few minutes later looking for a quill and paper, startling several of the servants there, and immediately wrote back to her mother.