In My Room

By the end of the week, my identity is out. Charles seems a bit stressed about it, but I was expecting it. Now we wait to see how long it takes for them to find out everything about my past. I've been talking to Ezra everyday about it, because it's going to affect him too, but he seems excited about it. I guess it will be good for his career even though I'm worried it's going to be a lot more intense than he expects. He's heading back to Italy tonight with Arthur because they need to get back to their normal routines with their races starting a bit earlier than Formula 1's. Lando is back in Monaco though, so I'm excited about that. We are planning on meeting up tonight to play some video games and I'm ready to kick his butt. 

"Mon soleil?" Charles calls out as he walks into the living room from the elevator.

"In the kitchen!" I call out. I've been sitting on the kitchen island for the past 4 hours working on my lesson plans for the new semester since it's quickly approaching. Charles finds me a moment later and kisses me on the cheek in greeting. I turn to face him so I can get a proper kiss, to which he happily accepts.

"Do you have any dinner plans tonight?" He asks me when we separate.

"I was going to hang out with Lando later, but not necessarily for dinner. Why? What's up?" I ask and notice how he tries to hide his annoyance about me hanging out with Lando. Luckily he doesn't say anything about that.

"My maman wants to meet you, she invited us over for dinner." He tells me and I instantly freeze. I knew his mother lived in Monaco but I didn't think I would have to meet her so soon.

"You don't need to worry. She's going to love you." He tells me when he sees my reaction and I try to believe his words but something in the pit of my stomach is dreading this dinner.

"What time do we need to be at her house?" I ask, glancing at the time on my phone, 4:45pm.

"Around 6." He tells me and my eyes bulge because that doesn't give me much time to get ready. I immediately get up and head to his bedroom. When I get to the closet, I start going through all of the options of things to wear. Charles finds me a moment later and looks at me with concern.

"Leave me alone, you're make me more nervous with you staring at me like that." I tell him with annoyance and he laughs. Actually laughs at me. I narrow my eyes at him and he holds his hands up in surrender as he backs out of the closet until I no longer see him. Once he's gone I turn back to my clothes and focus. A few minutes later, I've decided on an oatmeal colored two piece linen set from Reformation and the strappy nude heels that Charles got me in Sardinia. For jewelry I have my Cartier Love bracelet, my dandelion necklace and my flower ring. Now that I have my outfit ready I jump into the shower and take my time with shaving, exfoliating and washing my hair. It's probably excessive but I want to look as best as I can for her.

Once I'm done in the shower, I moisturize my body and start on my makeup. I'm keeping it simple with some concealer, bronzer, mascara and highlighter. It only takes me a few minutes to do that, and then I'm onto my hair. I decide to give myself a blow out, which always takes a lot of time because of how much hair I have. Charles ends up finding me once again after awhile. He looks so good in a pair of tan linen shorts and a white short sleeve button up linen shirt that I get distracted and forget to move the blow dryer from the ends of my hair, and they get too hot and start to burn.

"Shit!" I shout as I check out the damage to my ends. It's not as bad as I thought it was going to be.

"What?! What happened?" He asks, rushing over to me.

"You distracted me! I told you to leave me alone!" I shout and he looks like a scared animal.

"Mon soleil, you need to calm down. Stop stressing, everything will be okay." He tells me as he slowly approaches me, grabbing the blow dryer from my hand and turning it off before setting it down. Luckily I was on my last section of hair otherwise I would have probably punched him.