Midnight

Charles' POV

Everyone is singing me happy birthday but the only person I see is Lydia. She's so beautiful that it almost hurts to look at her. Today just solidified how much I truly love her and how happy she makes me. I'll thank the universe everyday for the rest of my life for bringing her to me.

"Make a wish mon amour." She tells me once everyone is done singing and she's standing in front of me holding the cake in front of me with a smile. What do I wish for when everything I've ever wanted is standing right in front of me? I guess I could wish for the WDC but there's one thing that I wish for more than that. I shut my eyes, make the wish, and blow out my candles. Everyone cheers and I snap my eyes open to find Lydia staring at me intently with a soft smile on her face.

"What did you wish for brother?" Arthur asks while clapping my back, and I turn toward him with a smile. Lydia walks away then, heading back into the kitchen and I can't help but watch her.

"Can't tell you otherwise it won't come true." I tell Arthur while staring at Lydia. He laughs at me and calls me whipped which makes me roll my eyes. I mean he's right, I am whipped but I don't care. Without another word I walk away from Arthur and find Lydia in the kitchen. She's taking the candles out of the cake and has a knife and plates next to her. She's about to pick up the knife when I take it out of her hand and set it down on the counter top. She's about to protest when I take her hand in mine, and start guiding her back towards the living room.

"If people want cake they can serve themselves. It's time for you to dance with your boyfriend on his birthday." I tell her.

We turned down the music about an hour ago so we don't get the cops called on us and the mood has changed since the beginning of the night. Lando is still playing EDM but it's much more mellow now. Right now he's playing the Kygo remix of 'Midnight' by Coldplay. I pull Lydia into my arms, and she wraps her arms around my waist as her head rests on my shoulder. She closes her eyes as we start to sway back and forth to the song. I'm worried she's about to fall asleep when she opens her eyes and smiles up at me.

"Did you have a good birthday LP?" She asks and I squeeze her tight.

"The best, mon soleil. Thank you for making it the best birthday I've had in a long time." I tell her as I lean down to kiss her. Before my lips touch hers though she's gasps and I think something is wrong.

"What?! What's wrong?" I ask with worry.

"I haven't given you your birthday present yet!" She exclaims.

"Hmm I'm pretty sure you've given it to me four times today." I say with a wink and she smacks me on the shoulder and rolls her eyes.

"If you keep being cheeky you won't be getting the fifth." She tells me and I mime zipping up my lips because I don't want to miss out on my fifth orgasm in 24 hours. Jesus, my fifth orgasm that's insane. I guess we're catching up on time lost and I absolutely love it.

"You know how we were talking about getting tickets to see Coldplay yesterday?" She asks pulling me from my dirty thoughts and I nod.

"Well a couple of weeks ago I bought two tickets to see them in Italy next summer." She continues.

"Wait, what?" I ask because I'm confused. This is the gift she said she bought a few weeks ago?

"I saw they were playing and it was like I was on autopilot. I checked the race schedule to make sure you didn't have one that weekend and bought the tickets without a second thought. It wasn't until after I purchased them that I realized I was buying them for us. I guess I subconsciously knew that we weren't over." She tells me and my heart seizes in my chest.