Only Love Can Hurt Like This

The flight to Paris was surprisingly wonderful. We were in first class seats courtesy of Jeremy and I've never felt such luxury while flying. Well, besides when I flew with Charles. I spent the first part of the flight reading on my kindle. After doing some research, I found a series called The Ravenhood by Kate Stewart that is supposed to be amazing. So far, it's pretty great and I had a hard time putting it down before finally deciding to sleep so I could be well rested for when we landed. 

I purposely avoid my phones throughout the whole flight, opting to keep them both turned off so I'm not tempted to read comment after comment about me and Charles. When we land and get into our Uber heading to the hotel, I finally turn the phones on so I can get ahold of Kelly. I had a text from her letting me know she's at the hotel waiting for us and I send her a quick response letting her know we're on our way and we would see her soon. I'm so excited to see her, it's been weeks since I saw her last in Monaco and I've missed her. She and I had gotten so close so quickly that it sucks that we're away from each other. I'm so thankful that she decided to come see me while I'm here.

The moment we make it to the hotel, we head up to our suite that we are all sharing while we're here and I tell Kelly to meet us there. I just set my bag down in my room when there's a knock on the door and I high tail it to open it. Kelly is standing on the other side looking gorgeous as ever and I jump into her arms nearly knocking her over with my excitement. She laughs as she squeezes me tightly.

"I've missed you, I'm so glad you're here!" I gush.

"I've missed you too. I'm so glad I was able to be here. It feels like forever since I've seen you!" She responds, as we pull apart from one another.

I quickly usher her into the suite where Jeremy and Morgan are waiting to be introduced. They laugh at my excitement but I know they are happy to see me smiling. After the introductions are made we get ready for the night. Jeremy informs us that we missed the first day of games so we have a free night to just have fun and explore Paris. We decide to get a late dinner at a cafe nearby and then afterwards we will go to a club.

During dinner though, Kelly and I get the crazy idea of getting matching tattoos. We end up finding a tattoo parlor nearby who takes walk-ins. An hour later we are both sporting a pair of small butterflies on our inner forearms. It's my first tattoo and I absolutely love it and am so happy I got it with Kelly to signify our friendship. We send a photo to Max showing them off and a few moments later he's FaceTiming Kelly. She holds up the phone to our smiling faces and Max immediately starts asking us questions about our night. It's hard to hear him since he seems to be out, which is surprising since Qualifications are tomorrow but who am I to question it.

"Is that Lydia I hear?" Lando says as his face comes into frame and I can't help the huge grin that comes over my face at seeing him.

"Lando! My bestie, I miss you!" I tell him, to which he blushes and tells me he misses me too.

"How are you all tonight? Seems like you're having fun." I continue and Max holds his phone higher to show off the private room they have in some restaurant explaining how they are having a drivers dinner. In the background I see someone who looks like Charles from the back. There's a woman sitting beside him with her arms wrapped around his neck and he's leaning in close to hear something she's saying. My stomach instantly drops and my blood turns to ice. Kelly sees what I'm seeing too.

"Is that Charles?" She asks loudly enough for Charles to hear and turn around. The woman he's with also turns. I don't recognize her, but she's absolutely beautiful. Max tries to move the phone away from Charles but the damage has been done. I saw him...being very intimate with another woman right after he asked me to stay an extra day in Paris, for him. I'm such an idiot.