Chapter 3

[October 31, 2022]

Beatrice

"If I have to go tonight, I want you to do my makeup," I giggle, knowing that Thea can recreate any makeup look and the best I can do is my everyday makeup. She jokingly groans, before telling me to sit down in her chair while she gets everything out.

After I agreed to go out with Thea tonight, we slept in my bed and drove to her penthouse in New York. I brought Ringo along for the ride, partly because I'm not sure how he'll react to me being gone for too long and mostly because I have separation anxiety and I'd miss him too much. So here I am with him biting the tips of my fingers as Thea brushes a brown shadow over my lid. 

Tonight we'll be wearing white dresses with brown corsets, with tall black boots. We decided against hats since they'd be annoying to carry around and we don't want hat hair. She lets me do my own wing and mascara, before spraying my face with setting spray. I smile at the result and thank her before running to her restroom to curl my hair into loose waves.

After getting my hair to look the way I want it to I spray a quick layer of hairspray over it so it'll hold throughout the night. After Thea is doing with her hair and makeup we put on our outfits, adjusting each other's corsets before putting on our boots. I spray on some perfume Thea handed me. It smells really good. I smell like a strawberry shortcake. 

As we for our Uber to show up, she graces me with a shot for my nerves. I take it back, sucking onto the lime she cut me after swallowing the liquid. "Woo, that was good," I close my eyes getting used to the burning sensation in my chest. "Okay Freddie is here," She says, putting our dirty shot glasses in the sink and handing me the bottle to put on the rack of alcohol.

I see Ringo curled up next to Thea's golden-doodle dog. They were fighting earlier, because Ringo kept grabbing Dolly's paws when she walks around the corner. But now here they are pressed up against each other sleeping soundly. I won't wake them but I whisper, "Take care of my baby, Dolly. And don't be a jackass Rin," Thea laughs as we tiptoe out before locking the door. 

Freddie is already waiting outside of the car, ready to open the door for Thea. "Good evening ladies, you two look great." He smiles, before extending his hand to me to introduce himself. "Freddie Willis," I shake his hand and say, "Beatrice Jae," I smile as Dorothea gets into the car, and I trail in behind her. 

We go over minor details like what time Freddie should be back at the house and whether he should pick up some McDonald's before getting here. Apparently, Dorothea's favorite food after drinking is spicy Sprite and french fries. She'll occasionally get chicken nuggets. We give him our orders before approaching the house. 

"It was nice meeting you Beatrice, can't wait to meet the other side of you tonight," He chuckles before driving away. A bundle of nerves disperses through my body making me feel like coming here was a bad idea. "Don't make that face, they'll love you I promise," She reassures me, rubbing her thumb over my hand. I walk inside with her hand in mine.

The minute we get in I'm hit with purple lights, cobwebs hanging from the ceiling, and fog on the ground, making my feet cold. Thea walks me through the long hallway before getting to the main room where everyone is dancing with their red solo cups in the air. The minute we walk into the room Cara Delevingne runs over to Thea and gives her a big hug.

"I'm so glad you could make it, and you brought Beatrice!" She turns to hug me, claiming she's heard so much about me. Thea mouthes 'Told you so' as Cara rubs my back in a hug. "You're so pretty, seriously you look so good," Cara says. I blush, thanking her before complimenting her back.