Chapter 25

[February 28, 2023]

Beatrice

I wake up to a loud banging on my front door, I get up immediately, rubbing my eyes afraid of what could've happened that someone is waking me up at 12:00 am. I open the door to see Dorothea standing outside with Devon holding flowers, cake, and balloons. "Happy birthday!" They scream at the top of their lungs. Way too loud for 12 O'clock. 

I turn my phone again to see the date. Oh, it is my birthday! "You guys, this is so sweet, thank you," I jut my bottom lip out, getting out of the way so they can come in. The two of them are still in their pajamas as they put everything on my kitchen table and take their turns in hugging me. 

"Midnight cake!" Devon smiles, grabbing one of my knives from my kitchen drawer, as Thea rips some decorative paper plates out of the plastic. First Thea puts candles on the cake, lighting them as my two best friends sing happy birthday to me. "Make a wish," Thea says. I think about it for a bit, then blow out the candles, earning applause from the two of them. 

We each cut some cake, putting it on our plates. "So what's new? How'd you forget today was your birthday?" Thea teases. "So much has been happening with our newest trade, Timo. Now that we have him I've been having to make meme after meme about him and email the San Jose Sharks for pictures of him. I've just been busy, but we're done!" I tell her, as I pop my neck. 

Devon agrees with me about how stressful the office has been lately and hopes that things can settle down now. I yawn after eating my cake, making the other two girls yawn as well. They exchange a look before looking back at me and I jerk my head to the side. "Come on, get in bed," I tell them, letting them sleep with the birthday girl. 

-

I let my body wake up at a reasonable time, smelling all different kinds of breakfast foods, as I wake up alone in my bed. I feel around the bed to feel a small princess crown with pearls on it. I giggle at the gesture and put it on before walking out of my room. I shut the door behind me looking at my two best friends making breakfast and mimosas. 

"Good morning," I smile as they turn around to give me another round of hugs and kisses. "Happy birthday sweetheart," Devon says with the same energy she had at midnight. I thank them softly, grabbing my phone off the counter. I must've left it here when we were eating cake. I look through all the sweet messages on my phone making my heart feel all kinds of warm.

my puckbunny🍓 

happy birthday gorgeous, i'm so happy we've met you quickly became one of my favorite people to exist. I'll give you your birthday gift later<3 

bea my bae

you aren't implying nudes are you? but thank you z honey<3

my puckbunny🍓 

I was not but good idea.  

-

nicky🩻🧸

happy birthday bea, you're a constant light in my life and I'm so happy you got a job here. I love you as much as you love waiting room

-

jack

happy birthday:)

-

jams🧡🧡

happy birthday, sunshine, I'll call you later for the full birthday effect<3