Chapter 83

disclaimer: smut 

[June 11, 2024]

Beatrice

"Jack, get up." I whisper, straddling his waist in a bikini to wake him up. He mumbles and groans in his sleep before slowly opening his eyes just for them to bulge out when he takes in my clothes. "Holy fuck, good morning not just morning." He runs his hands up my sides before I roll off of him and put on my sundress. 

He rubs his eyes, looking at the clock waiting for me to explain why the hell I woke him up this early. "Bea, the sky isn't even awake." He groans as I chuck swimming trunks at him. "I know, we're going for a sunrise dip in the water." I giggle, heading to the bathroom to brush my teeth and fix my hair. A few minutes later he trails in, tucking his head into the crook of my neck. 

Jack mumbles "I love you" over and over again like he's reminding himself of that fact after I woke him up this early. He brushes his teeth while I brush his hair back and out of his face. I look at his freckled back and red shoulders from the Michigan sun. I scratch his back with my fingernails as he scowls at me from the mirror. 

So he's not a fan of waking up at the ass crack of dawn, got it!

I grab Ringo and Bruce, putting them on leashes before heading out as quietly as we can. Jack closes the door behind us, locking it with the key we gave him. He takes my hand as I walk us to the beach. "Bea, I'll go anywhere for you, but for god's sake never let it be this early." He whines as we approach the sand. 

I let Ringo loose, letting him run up to the shore and sit in the shallow water. I peel my sundress off, leaving Jack to stare at me as I toss it to the ground. "I can fight." He nods his head, pulling on the fabric of my bikini to cover up more of my boobs. He's so cute. 

I pull him towards the water as the sun comes up and looms over us. The water is a little cold, making me freeze up once it's up to my ankles, but instead of running out, I plunge into it. Jack follows suit and swims around in the water before coming up and shaking his wet hair out of his face like a puppy. 

From our place in the water, we see Ringo swimming with his head up and his little legs paddling. Meanwhile, Bruce is sitting in the sand, tummy up. "At least one of our kids is active." Jack jokes, holding me by my waist. "Our kids," he says, making me feel warm and fuzzy. Yeah, they're cats, but one was mine and one was his. Now they're ours. 

"Yeah, we got to get Bruiser out here." I chuckle, holding him close to me as we switch between looking at the sunrise and making sure our cats are okay. I'll steal a few sneaky looks, staring at him as if he's not the love of my life. As if I can't look at him proudly, and know in my heart that I'll get to look at him like this for the rest of my life. 

Fingers crossed. 

He must sense that I'm lost just staring at him because he squeezes my hip, running his fingers over my tattoo. "You're missing the sun." He teases, not tearing his eyes away from the pretty sky. "I'm looking right at it." I tell him, feeling so lost in the feeling of having nothing else to say or do. Jack finally looks away from the sun to look at me, without saying anything we both know exactly what we want to say. 

He presses his lips to the center of my forehead, not even kissing me just holding his lips to my head. "I love you." he mumbles without moving away. I repeat the three-word phrase to him, walking out of the water and onto the towels we set up on the sand. I lay with my stomach down, resting my head on my crossed arms. Ringo struts in between us, onto a separate towel, ready for me to bundle him up and dry off.