Chapter 6

[November 8, 2022]

Beatrice

Since my first day of working with the Devils, I've accommodated to the lifestyle. Rather quickly at that. I go to work early to snap pictures of the boys at practice, head to my office to edit the pictures, and make them Instagram-worthy. Then for Dougie, I'll watch videos on top of videos of 'Ultimate fails' and find one that's funny enough. 

Since I feel bad that I took Dougie's admin job away from him I like to make him feel involved in the process. So I gave him my number and told him I'd let him pick which fail we would use. 

Bea

Suggestion...

Dougie 

mhm..

Bea

What if? And hear me out, what if we used this clip of Spongebob opening up a box and put the Flame's logo on it, and then in the box will be the L?

Dougie

I see your vision. 

I love it. 

good work soldier.

Bea

thanks, sergeant! I won't let you down🫡🫡

I compile a few funny clips and put them in the edit, incorporating loud EDM music over it. I try to make it as chaotic as possible, including clips of one of the guys rolling on the floor, and a vine audio over the music. By the time I'm done with the video, I feel like my brain has gone to mush. When I check the time, I see that I have a meeting with some guy named, Devon Drew. I'm kind of nervous to talk to him but Mark told me as a part of the job I have to meet with him just so they can see where I'm at. 

I grab my laptop, my planner, and anything else I could need during my meeting. I roll my shoulders back, telling myself everything will be okay. I hope this Devon guy won't be a total and complete douche, like most of the entitled men in the sports industry.

I look for the office with his name outside of it and knock softly. "Come in!" A woman's voice calls out, I check the name on the wall one more time before stepping inside. I walk in closing the door behind me as a woman about my height smiles at me and extends her hand to me over her desk. "Hi Devon Drew, nice to meet you! You're Beatrice right?" she introduces herself. 

Devon Drew is a woman. Sick!

"Yes, yes I am." I smile, shaking her hand formally as she sits down in her chair. She pulls up a few tabs, telling me how nice it is to have another woman in the office. "Okay so just for the records what are you wanting to do for the social media?" She asks me, typing out my answer as I talk. She nods her head, tucking her hair behind her ear before typing some more. 

"I'm not sure if you've checked our TikTok but it's not good at all, so I'm hoping your fresh eyes can revive the account and make more people want to follow us." She smiles, talking with her hands as she writes a few things down on a sticky note. "Here are things I want you to look over, and brainstorm. When you come up with something come talk to me and we can figure out how to execute it," She smiles, clicking her pen before dropping it on her desk and getting up.

"I want matcha, do you want to come with me?" She asks and I accept her invitation leaving my computer and planner in her office, just taking my phone and wallet. Despite being the same height she walks incredibly fast, taking long strides, and walking with confidence. I speed up to catch up with her, trying to mimic her speed without feeling out of breath.