Chapter 41

[May 25, 2023]

Beatrice

I wake up to the sound of a terrifying knocking at my door. "Beatrice!" comes next from my best friends. "Fuck, fuck," I say to myself, putting a sweatshirt on and running to the door to see what the hell is happening. I open the door to the three big smiles on their glowing faces. "What? What happened?" I ask scared for my life. "It's Taylor Day!" Trevor yells, barging into my room, to grab Ringo and tell him the news. 

"Jesus fuck, you guys scared me," I put a hand to my chest, calming down after the heart attack they gave me. Before I have the chance to calm down a smile takes over. It is Taylor Day! It's been a long time coming. For all of us, really. We've spent the past few days making all kinds of bracelets and preparing ourselves for this. A little giggle escapes out of me making the rest of my friends jump up and rub their hands together. 

Yesterday we scheduled our entire day for today so we could have the most fun and get the full Swiftie experience. We start by putting on some merch and going to a little cafe nearby that is serving Taylor Swift-inspired drinks. Devon orders an Ivy matcha, Trevor orders a Lover strawberry acai lemonade, Jamie gets a Lavender Haze lavender latte, and I get an Enchanted iced coffee with oat milk and honey. 

After breakfast, we go to the hotel to start getting ready. Well, the boys take a nap while Devon and I start on our hair. Tonight I'm curling it while Devon is straightening it. "Wait Dev, are you and Jamie still going as 'Miss. Americana and the Heartbreak Prince'?" She nods with her bottom lip between her teeth and at the same time it hits me she asks, "Do you know what Trevor is wearing?" I shake my head telling her I was thinking the same thing. 

We predict that he'll wear a random t-shirt with a Taylor reference on it like Nico and Jack did at the Boygenius concert. We play some Taylor music, making predictions for what our surprise songs will be as we start our makeup. Before leaving for Greece I had finally gotten the hang of eyeshadow, so I brush some silver shadow on my lid and put on my eyeliner. "Damn, look at you!" Devon says, squeezing my shoulder as I lean back to look at my makeup.

As she says this, Jamie walks in, squeezing behind us to wrap his arms around Devon's waist. "Look at you," he says to her, kissing up her neck and cheeks, pecking her lips softly. Oh to be in love, I think to myself, smiling at them. Devon and Jamie deserve this wholeheartedly. After getting ourselves all ready, the boys leave to their room to change as we do the same. 

I put on my Midnights-inspired outfit, this being one Taylor has worn out before. It's a dark blue dress with silver stars on it. I put on my silver boots, and start drawing the '13' on one hand and a '21' on the other. I've loved Josephine Lee's music since she started, there's no way I'm going out without showing off my love for her music. I put glitter over them when I hear the door open again. 

I walk out to see what the boys look like in their outfits and my jaw drops

I walk out to see what the boys look like in their outfits and my jaw drops. "No, you didn't," I gasp, putting my hand over my mouth when I look at Trevor's outfit. He holds his stomach, fumbling over dying laughing. "This is amazing," Trevor says, having trouble speaking over his laughter. I look at Trevor wearing my dress as a shirt, and some white pants.