Chapter 100

[October 26, 2024]

Beatrice

I rush through what's left of my apartment to get to work. I try pouring myself some coffee but when I open the cabinet with all of my mugs I remember that there's nothing there. "God, we packed all of that up!" I say with a frustrated tone, rolling my eyes, and slamming the cabinet door. I just want to have some coffee in my mug, is that too much?

Jack races out of the room with a concerned look in his eye. He puts his hands out in front of him, trying to pull me into a hug to settle the random spurt of anger that I've been feeling. "Baby, relax. How about I pick up some coffee for you?" He rubs my arms up and down, leaning in to kiss my forehead

I accept the help he's offering and nod. I've just been getting stressed out about everything since everything I need is in boxes. He puts some shoes on and before walking out of the door he stops in front of me, pinching my chin, and says, "A few more days, and we'll be living in our new home, okay?"

I nod my head, puckering my lips up to kiss him before he leaves. The second the door closes tears start building up in my eyes. I've felt so overwhelmed this whole week, my frustration has been piling up on me all I need to do right now is cry. I sit in my bathroom, taking a few minutes to let everything out.

After calming down, I wash my face and continue taking big breaths, trying to stay calm for the rest of the morning. Jack comes back with my coffee, and a croissant, and talks to me while I put on my makeup. I don't tell him about my freak-out just because I know he'll be thinking about it for the rest of the day and I want his mind completely clear for tonight.

Tonight we're playing the New York Rangers, so he needs to be completely unbothered for the whole day.

Once I've finished my routine I head to work but not before giving Ringo, Bruce, and Jack a kiss. Because of all the boxes we have inside right now, Ringo is a happy boy. He loves lying inside cardboard boxes as opposed to his bed or my bed. Bruce doesn't care much about the boxes, if anything he likes the bubble wrap. He'll sneakily take some and lay on it, accidentally popping a few of the bubbles with his claws.

I drive to work, still feeling the effects of my small breakdown but pushing past them so I can answer all the questions Drew has for me the minute I step through the door. He has an idea to make a montage of some sort and I listen to his ideas, breaking each step down for him so he can accomplish what he wants to.

He stays in my office, wanting to work with me near in case he has any questions. I work across from him reading over my contract for the brownstone instead of making bracelets for the guys. Drew notices me staring into my screen with a blank expression and quietly asks if I'm doing okay. I don't pay attention the first time so it takes one more try for him to get my attention.

"Bea, are you okay?" He laughs, pulling me away from my computer screen. I click out of the contract, going back to the box I brought in that's full of beads and string. I take a deep breath, shake my head almost in an attempt to shake all my negativity away, and say "I'm just stressed with moving but I'm fine." I smile, cutting some string to get started on the many bracelets I need to make today.

Drew nods, accepting my answer before asking me more questions about Jack and me since he is nowhere near us to give short and rude answers. I gladly answer his questions while I work, feeling a bit calmer than I was when I got here. We keep talking while I finish my bracelets and around lunchtime, I get a knock at my door.

"Come in!" I shout, causing Drew to grow quiet. The door opens to reveal Jack holding a cardboard bag I know to be from Penny's Diner. Jack eyes Drew before looking back at me and the bracelets on my desk. "Hi honey, thought I'd bring you some lunch." he says, sliding past Drew to kiss me. Poor Drew is always a victim of Jack's behavior.