Chapter 63

[December 31, 2023]

No perspective

It's New Year's Eve and people living in Newark are getting ready to ring in the new year. Whether it's to stay indoors and celebrate it with the people you love or to go out with a few friends and dance with a bunch of strangers. Beatrice and her best friends are currently all pregaming at her apartment while the girls get ready to have the best night. 

Since finding out that Beatrice was freshly single her best friends encouraged her single life. Telling her to not let any guy get in the way of her hoe phase, if that's what she wanted. Beatrice was intrigued by the idea of not caring whose heart she could be breaking and just causing destruction to boys' feelings, but deep down she didn't want that. She was a girlfriend girl and the idea of messing around with multiple men frightened her. She wanted to find herself a companion to go through life with. 

She understood now was not the time but that didn't stop her from craving the love of a boy named Jack Hughes. 

Jack on the other hand was getting ready for a glorious night in. His little brother would be going out with his new girlfriend and their friends, but that honestly didn't interest Jack. He didn't want to stand around soberly explaining to people that he couldn't drink but either way, he preferred to stay in with Bruce, his cat. He wished his younger brother a good night and locked the door once he left. 

Beatrice was applying some fun eyeshadow onto her eye when Dorothea brought her a shot of tequila. She took it like a champ before closing the door on the boys in the living room. She took her shorts and t-shirt off to put on her new year's dress. 

She received multiple compliments from her friends before she opened the door again to leave her home and go have fun tonight

She received multiple compliments from her friends before she opened the door again to leave her home and go have fun tonight. Their Uber was waiting outside for them, and they all rushed out. All you could hear was the little clicks from the girls' heels on the hardwood floor. "Night, Ringo!" they all shouted, closing the door. 

The idea of all her friends making sure they said good night to her cat made her unbelievably happy. A few months ago she couldn't even get her boyfriend to be in a five-foot radius of Ringo, the sweetest cat to exist. And look at him, back to his old self, begging for head scratches and words of affirmation. Just like Trevor.

A few hours had gone by and Beatrice had grown tired of all the lights flashing in her face and the burning sensation from all the alcohol. She was having a good time with her friends but a sense of longing overcame her. Something or rather someone was missing. She couldn't take it anymore and searched for his contact. 

She scrolled until she found the one labeled "Don't call and don't answer," and giggled to herself as she changed his name to "Pretty boy" Her friends noticed her grin as she typed away but didn't call her out on it. She ran away from them with her phone to her ear as she waited for him to answer.