Chapter 53

[September 25, 2023]

Beatrice

I wake up in bed feeling an unfamiliar but welcomed weight over my waist. In between my legs, I feel a muscled and hairy leg. I look behind me internally freaking out before remembering that Harry spent the night last night. I feel my heart start slowing down once the realization dawns on me. 

I settle back into his arms, playing back the whole night until my alarm goes off. He picked me up from my house again and took me to this super lowkey restaurant. The dinner wasn't fancy, I went in a satin button-up and some jeans. Basically what I had worn to work. At dinner, he finally asked me to be his girlfriend. He said he wanted to ask when we went on an early morning beach run but he got too nervous. 

So here I am, in the arms of my boyfriend. I haven't had a boyfriend since High School and something about being in my first adult relationship feels amazing. I have no parents cutting my date short and I have every right to sleep over at their house if I wanted to. After our date, he walked me to my door and I asked him to stay over. Holding him by his waist, pulling him closer trying my best to convince him since he doesn't work today. 

I feel him pull me closer to him, a groan rumbling in his chest as he starts to slowly wake up. "Good Morning babe," he kisses the side of my head, tucking his head into my shoulder. The domesticity of kisses on your temple and him calling me babe this early makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. "Morning," I giggle, turning in his arms to hug him. 

I wrap my arms around his neck, settling onto his chest until my alarm goes off. I toss my head back, cursing my alarm for messing up our time together. "Don't go," he says, rubbing his hands up my thighs. "Don't go to work?" I laugh, there's absolutely no way I'm missing work, today is the first preseason game and I have so much work to do. "I know you can't with this whole preseason game going on I was just kidding," he says, letting me roll off of him to start getting ready. 

When I get off my bed I realize one of the key components of my everyday life wasn't on my bed with me. "Rin," I call out, searching for him around my room and under my bed to find him. I walk out of my bedroom to see Ringo perched up on the couch. He never sleeps out here if I'm in my room. "Hi baby, where were you?" I coo, scratching his head as I pick him up to take him to my room. 

I set him down on my comforter, petting him as Harry asks for Ringo's name. "Uhh, Ringo," I say, making him roll his eyes as he reaches over to pet Ringo. "Of course- ow!" he says, flinching back when Ringo bites him. "I am so sorry, he never bites," I say, picking Ringo up in my arms, and holding him like a baby. "Clearly he does," he lets out an unamused guffaw.

Ringo sits in my arms like the sweet boy that everyone knows him to be. "That's so weird, he's never bit Trevor, Jamie, or Nico," I say out loud, failing to mention Jack's name. He's in the past no need to bring that up. I set Ringo on the countertop of my bathroom as I get ready for work scolding him gently for biting my boyfriend.

As I'm brushing on some eyeshadow the bathroom door starts sliding open. I watch Ringo scoot back on the counter as Harry makes his way over to me with a coffee mug. I thank him with a kiss, letting him watch me finish getting ready as he asks a few questions about work. After answering each question with a smile he gets up to get ready to go on a hike for work. He's not going to the office today but he wants to check out the trail and the view before he writes about it. 

I make my way out of the restroom, grabbing all of my things in a bit of a rush. Harry stands by the door, handing me my camera as I walk out of my apartment with him. "Alright see you later, have a good day at work," he smiles, leaning down to press a kiss on my lips. "You too, send me pictures of the view," I smile, pressing up on my toes to give him another kiss.