Chapter 11

[November 23, 2022]

Beatrice

I had the day off yesterday, and it was very much needed. I think accommodating to this new lifestyle and running around all day trying to be ready for game time really exhausted me. Along with the fact that because I've been so busy I haven't given myself time to feel anything other than stress. 

Jack and I haven't really talked other than when I'm asking him to do something for the camera. Other than that he'll kind of just ignore me, which is fine since I'm spending most of my time running around with Devon or talking to Nico. No offense Jack but I already have enough hormones, I don't need yours too. He's just so moody sometimes, I don't get it.

I shake myself out of my thoughts, focusing on editing a few pictures for tonight's game. I put my headphone in and drown out any distractions with Taylor Swift's voice. I'm so grateful to live in a world where she and I live in the same time. I get to wake up and listen to her music, and no matter how I feel or want to feel there's a Taylor Swift song that meets me in the midst of it. And that's something I'll hold very close to me for the rest of my life. 

By the time I've gotten most of my work done, I pull my earphone out and grab my phone to check a few things. And don't ask me how, but I've ended up stalking the account of the girl Jack hooked up with in Montreal. I just want to know what she's like and sue me for caring. 

Instagram 

❤️ liked by jackhughes and 1,674 others 

camillewlson back and forth from ny, sneakin' in your bed

view all 300 comments

nhlfan1 jack liked but he doesn't even follow her 😭 

user7645 😍😍😍

I swipe through the rest of her posts, feeling the stomach-churning envy fill every part of my body. Why is she so pretty? I think to myself, maybe just maybe if I looked a little more like her Jack would like me a little more. It's so infuriating having a crush on someone that won't give you the time of day, only night. 

I click out of her account, removing her from my searches, before swiping out of the app. I need to go out, desperately. I need a night where I can just let loose, and get intoxicated. Forget about all my responsibilities and worries that's what I need. I check our schedule trying to look for an open day. There's December 2nd, but the next day we have an away game in Philly. That's tricky, but I also don't want to have to wait until the 10th. Whatever I'll see if Devon wants to join me.

Boo-bea

 Do you want to go out for drinks?