chapter 10- stay untill

TW: Violence, abuse
........................................................ 

Yuzu looks at the red veil which Meimei has placed on his bed. He blinks. It's been years since he saw this veil. In the first month of his marriage, he wore this veil everyday and patiently waited for emperor to come for their wedding night.

After one month he ordered Meimei to take care of it. In his last life he still had this veil neatly folded in his closet when he died.

"Throw it away. Emperor has seen my face countless times already. I don't need this veil anymore." Yuzu tries to suppress the aching pain in his heart.

Why he still thinks about past life ? Why just a veil can give him so much pain ?

"Even when his highness has seen you , yet it's his first night with you." Meimei burgains. "I know ..master, you are angry and upset with his highness but you can't deny that you also waited for this night with his highness."

Yuzu chuckles "You are native , Meimei. Too much."

"Whatever, I am happy that his highness finally noticed you." Meimei kneels in front of Yuzu holding Yuzu's knee "master , please let his highness love you and gain his favour. It's time for you."

Yuzu smiles at Meimei's stupidity. He was same stupid as Meimei. He also wanted a little favour from his highness in the past. "Meimei .. an emperor's love is like a thread of silk. You never know when it will break. So never put your hope on emperor's favour."

"Your highness ! Chief minister Xingchen wants an urgent visit." The new maid of Yuzu interrupts their conversation.

Yuzu stops his rant "chief minister ? Now ?"

"No no ! He can't enter master's bed chamber now. His highness will be here anytime soon." Meimei shakes her head towards the servant.

The new maid bites her lips "I told minister that. But he said it's very urgent and he need just few minutes of master."

"Let him come." Yuzu cuts the maid.

Meimei panics "but master ... It doesn't look good to have another man in your bedchamber at this hour."

"I am a man , Meimei." Yuzu chuckles before standing up from his bed.

"Your highness !" Xingchen bows at Yuzu with a troubled expression. "I wholeheartedly apologize for distributing you at this hour but I don't know where else to go now."

Yuzu nods "there is no need for formalities. You can tell me what brings you here without any concern ?"

"It's about concubine Jia-li."

Yuzu frowns hearing Jia-li's name out of a sudden "Then I think you have come to a wrong person. I am not at all interested in her."

Meimei breaths a sigh of relief as she sees her master giving his back to minister. It's a clear sign for him to leave.

"Your highness , It's not only about her , it's about his highness _the emperor too." Xingchen pleads without leaving.

"Then go and inform him , why involving me ?" Yuzu retorts without turning around.

Xingchen takes two steps closer to Yuzu "I would if I could have. Listen to me once your highness , this matter is really sensitive. And after emperor himself , only you have the highest power in this palace. You are noble consort of emperor."

Yuzu sighs. On one side he feels pity for Minister Xingchen but on the other side he wants to throw Jia-li out of his life and he has almost succeeded in it. Why now ?