chapter 30

"Noble Consort !"

Yuzu runs into Xingchen as he was walking towards his chamber. Yuzu looks at Xingchen's anxious face ..
"Minister Xingchen, it's been a while."

Xingchen lowers his head a little "that's ....

"His highness asked you not to visit me ?"

Xingchen widens his eyes. "Noble consort is misunderstanding.. his highness."

Yuzu chuckles "I just apologised to Concubine Jia-li. I think minister has heard the news already ?"

Xingchen nods. "I am here for that reason. Noble Consort shouldn't misunderstand his highness. It's my fault. His highness, asked me to investigate Concubine Jia-li's infidelity matter. His highness can't do anything until he gets enough evidence.

It's me who is taking this much time just to investigate a concubine. It is indeed my fault."

Yuzu listens to Xingchen casually. He is not surprised to hear that Zixuan has ordered a investigation against Jia-li. Because, it is obvious that Zixuan is too obstinate to let go his doubts. It has nothing to do with Zixuan trusting his words.

Xingchen becomes more anxious seeing the casual expression on Yuzu's face. "Noble consort, I am telling the truth. I am trying to investigate Jia-li. But ... It looks like someone powerful is behind Jia-Li. That's why it's so hard to trace her steps."

Yuzu's face shoes a little bit of concern this time. It's not like he doubted the same thing before but he often wondered how could Jia-Li confiscated such a big truth in her last life ? How could nobody know, that Jia-Li cheated ? Also, Afreen has more brain that Jia-Li, then how could Jia-li be the almost empress in his last life ?

Yuzu looks at Xingchen straight this time "how hard is it ? What's happening ? Tell me in details."

Xingchen gulps "noble consort, that will not be so wise. I will handle on my own. I just wanted to ask you to give his highness and me some time."

Yuzu rolls his eyes annoyed "Come on , if you really want me to trust his highness tell me what happened."

"But if his highness ..."

"Xingchen !" Yuzu folds his arms in front of his chest.

Xingchen sighs and looks around to confirm the privacy. But his eyes fell on the same person who is following him for three days. Even though he person is being careful yet Xingchen is chief minister of Zi. He has eyes of eagle.

Consort Yuzu is oblivious to the presence of the third person. That's why ....

"There we meet, where they stay.. 
If the evidence gives away ...
Neither day nor at night ...
Both can stay, so no fight."

" Xingchen bows at consort Yuzu with a tight lip smile.

"Yuzu frowns "what ?"

Xingchen bows again without uttering any other words.

Yuzu blinks. "Another riddle ?"
Yuzu walks in his room absent mindedly. So, his guess was right.

But who could have that much power in Zi kingdom ? Except Zixuan, his father , empress dowager.. Yuzu can't think fo any names...

"Master .."

Yuzu comes out of this thoughts hearing a weak and sore voice. He looks up only to see Meimei's red and puffy face.

"Master, I am sorry. It's all my fault. I will never talk again in front of others. " 

Yuzu rolls his eyes "Meimei , stop it. I told you that it is fine. Why are you still blaming yourself?"