Chapter 34 : Revelations

April 28, 2019

narrator narrating

It was Monday and Matheus was getting ready to go to school as usual. He was sulking that day because the day before, he had had a serious fight with his father and his father was very furious, so furious that he growled when Matheus walked by him. Matheus that day had woken up, got out of bed and went downstairs to have breakfast, Leonardo was sitting at the table with his piercing wolf eyes staring at him.

Completely ignoring his father's presence, Matheus takes a cup, pours coffee, takes all three loaves of bread from the bag and with a slight smile, went to drink coffee on the sofa. Leonardo hated when Matheus looked

mocking and the atmosphere was heavy. Barone was all curled up in the chair with his head down and his

ears down, Juliana was worried and Leonardo was drinking coffee and watching Matheus, analyzing him from head to toe, while

Matheus finishes drinking his coffee, puts the cup in the sink, takes his bag, puts it on his back and leaves the house. Leonardo remained thoughtful, Juliana worried and Barone suspicious.

Matheus had hurriedly packed his bag and had not realized that the diary was inside it, as usual he goes to the bus stop thinking about what had happened the night before, he talked to himself and bragged about being able to hold his belt and defy his father, not knowing he was playing with fire.

Matheus's cell phone starts ringing and it was Douglas, Matheus found that strange because Douglas never called him, Matheus decided to answer the call and Douglas starts telling him to stop doing that with his father and Matheus kept laughing and making fun of him. At one point in the conversation, Douglas was careless and let slip a thought saying — If you knew what your father does, you wouldn't be mocking like that.

What? — asked Matheus — Nothing at all ... — said Douglas — My grandma asked me to talk to you and tell you to stop doing this because your father doesn't deserve it.

He found that very strange. Why would Douglas do that? Douglas didn't talk to him often, they both hated each other, and why was Grandma so worried when she'd never shown him any kind of affection?

Matheus turned off the cell phone and had the flea behind his ear — Why do some people seem intimidated in his presence?
Why did his father stare at him and analyze him? Why did his father sometimes look at him with such hatred? Why is the family so mysterious? — The more questions Matheus asked, the more doubts arose.

The day went by very quickly, as usual Matheus leaves school and goes to the bus stop, on the other side of the avenue there were two police wolves that kept looking at him and smiling and Matheus thought that was very strange. The bus didn't take long and Matheus got on, sitting on a chair between two large windows.

Before the bus leaves, Matheus looks in the direction of the police and they are still looking in his direction smiling, the bus leaves the place and Matheus feels a mixture of concern, curiosity and even fear.

What does my father do? What is in this diary that he hid for so long? — Questions he asked himself.

The bus was heading towards his house and stopped at a stop next to a square, Matheus looks out the window and sees the same police officers, but this time talking to his father — What is my father doing ? — thought Matheus, his heart began to accelerate, two stops later Matheus arrives near his house, gets off the bus and starts walking towards his house, he was a little nervous and while walking he had the impression of being watched .

Matheus arrives home and asks Juliana where his father is, she replies that he had gone out and she says that he is going to take him for a walk, Matheus found that strange — Behave Matheus — says Juliana — he is your father and you must respect him.