Sunrise(Joaquín Mondragon[The Book of Life] X Reader)

I thought I'd start off with a familiar character since I have added new ones since I left. I would go with a long one, but it's currently 4:25 in the morning where I am, so I'm trying to go the short and quick route.

First one shot, bois.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

It was about six in the morning and I was already awake. I crept around Joaquín's mansion while doing what I needed to prevent from waking my boyfriend up. After going to the bathroom and making myself a cup of (favorite drink), I snuck back into Joaquín's bedroom and tiptoed to the balcony. I quietly opened the glass doors then closed them with a soft click after stepping outside.

I got settled at the table on the balcony. I had caught the beginning of the sunrise. After a few minutes, I got the urge to sing.

So, that's what I did.

-Joaquín's P.O.V-

(Y/N)'s soft, slightly muffled singing pulled me from my dreams. I sat up while rubbing the sleep from my good eye. I followed the singing and saw (Y/N) on the balcony. I smiled softly.

I got out of bed and opened the balcony doors. (Y/N) heard me and looked over her shoulder at me as she continued to sing. Her smile matched mine. I picked her up and sat in her chair with her in my lap as she finished the song.

"Hi," I said before kissing her cheek.

-Reader's P.O.V.-

"Hi," Joaquín said before kissing my cheek.

"I woke you up, didn't I?" I questioned.

"Yeah, but your voice makes the best alarm," he complimented with an affectionate squeeze to my form.

I giggled softly. "Oh, really?"

"Yep," he smiled.

I relaxed against him. My back was to his bare chest. His head rested on my shoulder.

"Pretty romantic, huh?" he asked.

"You would know, mister ladies man," I quipped.

He gave a soft, airy laugh through his nose. "Manolo's the ladies man."

"Says the guy who has the entire female population -- except Maria -- fawning over you. Even Sister Ana."

"And out of all of them, I chose you."

"...Okay, that was pretty smooth."

-------

I know Joaquín's not as familiar as some of them, but I wanted something short and this is one of the one shots that are new, but short.

Anyways, as always, remember to embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo