Accidentally Contracted(Marcurio[Skyrim] X Dragonborn!Reader)

I have all the DLCs for Skyrim and Dawnguard is my least favorite. It's so long and I hate vampires.

It's 3:53 A.M. at the time of starting this and I shouldn't be awake right now, but here we are. Might as well crank this out.

-------

Upon hearing a knock at the basement door, you finished enchanting your stalhrim sword and went to answer it. A courier stood with a letter. The envelope had a wax seal of Morthal's emblem keeping it shut.

"I've been looking for you. Got something I'm supposed to deliver. Your hands only. A letter from the Jarl. Moving up in the world, eh?" he said.

You thanked him and he took his leave. You opened the envelope and read the letter. Your mood immediately turned sour. "Marcurio, get suited up! We're going to Morthal!"

The wizard came down to the basement and removed his Dwarven armor set from the left mannequin. "What's in Morthal?"

"The Jarl needs to talk to me. I fucking hate Morthal," you sighed.

"Why?" he asked as he changed. His adept robes and boots were now on the mannequin.

"It's built right next to a vampire den," you said. "I hate anything and everything undead."

"It's interesting how you're not a Vigilant of Stendarr," he quipped, trying to lighten your mood.

You smiled a bit. "Ha." Your smile left your face. "Five septims says the Jarl wants me to clear out the den because I'm part of the Dawnguard."

"Is that a real bet or are you just being overdramatic?" he asked.

"Overdramatic," you said. You went over to him and clipped a Necklace of Disease Resistance around his neck. "This is all I have. I haven't been able to find one of Disease Immunity yet."

"It's better than nothing," he said. "Ready?"

"No," you sighed.

The two of you left Proudspire Manor and started the walk to Morthal. Once you finally arrived, you walked into Highmoon Hall to be met with Idgrod greeting us. "Oh, good. I'm happy you received my letter, (Y/N)."

You and Marcurio stood before her. "What can I do for you, my Jarl?"

"I've been told you're part of the Dawnguard. Am I correct?" she said. 

You nodded. "Yes."

"So, you're experienced with battling vampires," she assumed.

"I'd like to think so," you said.

"As you know, Morthal is built next to a vampire's den. I've sent a few guards to clear it out, but none of them made it back. With you being a vampire hunter yourself, I thought of asking you."

Marcurio held your hand. He felt your disappointment. 

You hid your frustration behind a calm tone. "I'll clear out the den."

"Thank you. Come back afterwards for a hefty reward for your trouble," she said.

"Yes, my Jarl," you replied. You took your leave.

Once you were outside, your true feelings came out. "Son of a bitch, I fucking called it. Damn it to Oblivion."

"It's all right, love. We get in, kill every vampire inside, get out, and collect the gold," Marcurio comforted. "I'm sure everything will go smooth enough."

The walk to Movarth's Lair didn't take long. You walked in to be met with some Frostbite Spiders at the bottom of the first room. You took them out with one fire arrow each. You proceeded down into the lair. The next room held a Vampire's Thrall sitting at a small table. His back was to you. You crouched to sneak and Marcurio killed the Imperial with a few hits of Ice Spike.