Avoidance Via Shapeshifting(Loki Laufeyson[Marvel] X Shapeshifter!Reader)

For anyone looking for good Loki X Listener audios, look up dervampireprince on YouTube and thank me later. His videos are so good. He also has some Pitch Black ones that I love.

-------

-Reader's P.O.V.-

My anxiety was messing with me again and avoidance tended to happen while I tried to sort everything out. Now that I was a shapeshifter, I had the ability to be practically invisible to the team. I didn't want to be avoidant, but I knew the rest of the team wouldn't understand.

I was a blue Uylesses butterfly hiding under my bed. My thoughts screamed at me. My anxiety was spiked. I was thankful I didn't have attacks, but I still hated how I felt.

Loki suddenly appeared in my room. "Sweetling, I know you're in here."

I hid in the farthest corner against the wall. As much as I needed his comfort, I stayed hidden. I resisted.

His tone became gentle. "Please come out, my darling. You know I want to help you."

Damn it, Loki, I thought. I slowly moved out into the light. I stayed on the floor. I flapped my wings to get his attention.

He looked down and saw me. He kneeled and held his hand to me. I climbed into his palm and he sat on my bed. He held me up to his face. A finger very gently stroked my body and traced my wings. "Can you become human for me, my dear?"

I didn't move.

"As beautiful as you are as a butterfly, I'd crush you if I were to embrace you," he reasoned. "And I know that's exactly what you need right now."

I hated how right he was. I flapped my wings in frustration.

He gently set me on his thigh. "Please, (Y/N)? Will you please shift for me?"

I reluctantly became human and was immediately embraced by the God of Mischief. Tears rimmed my eyes. He gently held my head to him.

"What are your thoughts telling you, my sweet pet? What ails you?" he crooned.

"I'm worthless as an Avenger.. I don't even join the team on missions.. I don't deserve you or to be part of the team or to even be able to shapeshift.." I rambled.

"(Y/N), look at me," he gently commanded. His hands held my face as we locked eyes. "You are not a burden. Fury will not allow you to go on missions because Rodgers told him not to. Even if you had their permission, you are not one to risk your life. That is perfectly fine. You are too young to be fighting with them, anyway. Your brother loves you too much to allow you to fight with them. You are not worthless to this team. You are more than worthy of being on this team. You deserve everything you have and more. You deserve your ability. You deserve to be an Avenger. You deserve my love and devotion to you."

I burst into tears. He meant everything he said and I knew he wasn't lying. He held me close as I sobbed. One hand rubbed up and down my back. My tears flowed freely.

We heard a knock then Steve's voice. "Any luck, Loki?"

"Yes, Steve," Loki replied. He softly asked me, "Would you like to see your brother?"

I nodded with a sniffle.

"Please come in, Rogers. She needs to see you," Loki said.

Steve came in instantly. "What did she say?"

"She feels worthless as an Avenger. She has abilities now, but does not wish to use them in battle and because of that, she does not feel like she deserves to have the title of Avenger. She thinks she does not deserve what she has," Loki explained.

"What? No, no, (N/N), you're not worthless. You gave your opinion on being part of the team regarding missions and Fury respects that. Besides the fact I won't let you fight with us. I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you died while on a mission with us. Everyone's fine with you staging behind. Powers or not, mission attendance or not, you're an Avenger. We think you're like Nick. You and him are the brains and we're the brawn. You both come up with the best way to complete missions and we follow through with your methods to get the job done," he said with a comforting hand on my shoulder. "You are an Avenger."

I looked at him with tears rolling down my face. "Really, Steve..?"

He pulled me into a hug. "Yes. You are an Avenger. Even if you don't do the physical stuff. You're my baby sister and an Avenger. Your anxiety is always lying to you."

"Thanks.." I sniffled.

"The brownies I was making are done. You two want one?" my brother asked as we pulled away.

Loki took me into his arms again. "Chocolate makes you feel better, sweetling."

I nodded. "Yes, please.."

The two men smiled. We all got up.

"Come on. They're fresh and gooey," Steve said then led us out. Loki had his arm secured around me.

We got to the kitchen and Steve served us each a brownie. As Loki and I ate, he played with his magic to get me to smile. It worked like a charm as it always did.

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo