Night Swimming(Pitch Black[Rise of the Guardians] X Reader)

I got back from going swimming a little bit ago, so I thought it'd be the perfect time to post this one.

-------

Tonight was the first night of summer. It was also the perfect night to go swimming. The temperature wasn't too hot or cold, the full moon illuminated the pool, and it wasn't humid enough for mosquitoes yet.

You crept out of the house and to the deck in your (bathing suit description) with a towel around your neck. You climbed the deck stairs then set your towel on the patio table. You slid off your flip flops. Sitting on the edge of the deck with your calves in the water, you looked up at the moon.

"Another beautiful night, Manny," you smiled. You slid into the pool. The water went up to your chest. It was crisp, but your body soon got acclimated. You went under and swam a bit before emerging. You wiped the water from your eyes.

"Since when do you go swimming at night? You're always asleep by 9:30."

You turned to see Pitch standing on the deck with his hands behind his back.

"Since before the mosquitoes eat me alive," you replied. "I've been wanting to, but the weather hasn't been to my standards. Tonight's the perfect night. And my vacation started yesterday."

"Yes, that's right," he recalled. "You put in your vacation."

"Come swimming with me," you requested. 

"I'm quite busy collecting fear, little nightmare," he said. "I just came to check on you. I didn't think you'd be awake, let alone swimming."

"Please? Just for an hour?" you begged. "You look like you've collected enough fear for a few days."

He stood for a few moments in silence then flicked his wrist. The shadow of his robe and pants turned into swim shorts. He sat on the edge of the deck and slid down into the water.

"An hour. Then I have to get back to collecting," he said.

"I'll take what I can get," you smiled.

"I might stay to put you to sleep," he said after a few moments of silence. "I haven't decided yet."

You giggled softly. "Whatever you wanna do, Pitch."

Sometime later, you and Pitch were swimming around each other. The quiet swishing of the water being pushed around was the only noise besides the crickets.

He swam closer to you and grabbed your hand under the water. "Hold your breath."

Before he pulled you under, you held your breath. Some air escaped your lungs and made bubbles in the water. You felt Pitch's lips against yours. You kissed back while trying not to freak out about the tightness in your lungs. Your free hand cupped his cheek. After a few agonizing moments, you couldn't take it anymore. You pulled back and surfaced with a deep gasp.

You were scooped into Pitch's arms as he emerged. Your arms instinctively went around his neck. You looked up at him.

He kissed your forehead. "I won't ignore this moment with you. I'll stay until after I put you to sleep."

You smiled. You pulled his head down and kissed his cheek. "Thank you, Pitch." You slicked his soaked hair back out of his face. He carefully set you down back in the water. You grabbed his wrist and pulled him under.

-------

As always, embrace your weirdness and I'll see you in the next one shot.

- The Self Shipping Weirdo