The second chance 8

Present Time

It was already late in the evening when the lights in the Louvre came on and brightly lit up the surroundings. Alix's father climbed the stairs, his daughter behind him, on inline skates as usual. "What are we doing in the Louvre so late?" Alix wondered, running her hand through her reddish hair. She took off her inline skates so she could stumble up the stairs. "What was so important that you wanted to show me now, Dad?" she asked. Her father didn't say anything, but checked the time on his watch. 

"It's...not here yet...nor now," he said mysteriously. The two walked down the corridor, where many historical pictures hung. "Do you still want to study engineering? When you're finished with school, Alix?" he suddenly asked her. "Sure. It's exactly my thing," she replied, grinning. The two stood next to a picture and looked at it. "The most important thing is that you do what you love," he explained and smiled. "Love you, Dad," she replied and smiled. "I'm always so happy when I come back from work and see you and can spend time with you," her father confessed. Alix grinned crookedly. "Oh, what are you saying? As if I were moving out," Alix joked. "Among these historical treasures, I would give anything to study the last century personally," he said thoughtfully. 

"Maybe I'll become a scientist who develops a time machine. Then you can do it," she joked. "I'll take you with me and together we'll research the last century!" she exclaimed enthusiastically. Her father knelt down. "I would love it," he said lovingly. "Why are you looking at me so strangely?" the girl wondered. "So that I'll never forget this moment," her father murmured. "And...now," he murmured, as suddenly a time portal opened next to them both at that exact moment. 

"Ladybug?!" Alix called out happily. "Has the time come, have you finally found out how great I am as the bearer of the rabbit Miraculous?" Alix called out. "Good evening, Mr. Kubdel," Ladybug greeted Alix's father. "I have to ask you a big favor for your daughter. I hope you will understand me," she said. Alix's father nodded proudly. "Alix Kubdel, here is the dog's Miraculous, which gives you the power to find and retrieve everything that has touched your ball," Ladybug explained solemnly and held out her hand with the collar. "The...dog's?" The girl looked at the Miraculous, a little disappointed. Why...should Ladybug give her the dog Miraculous? "But I would like to travel through time," Alix replied. 

"Ultimoth has taken the Rabbit Miraculous, we need you to get it back," replied Ladybug. "But... Cat Noir is a rabbit," the surprise did not leave Alix's face. "It's complicated..." said Rabbit Noir and scratched the back of his head. Alix hesitated for a moment, then grabbed the Miraculous around her neck. The next moment, Baark, her new kwami, appeared. "I'm ready to go!" Baark spoke up. "When we have regained the Miraculous of Time, you will keep it and not give it back to me. That way you will be able to protect it yourself," explained Ladybug's plan. "Until Hawkmoth is defeated," she added seriously. Alix looked at her worriedly. "So that means..." she stammered, "that you cannot return to that time immediately," said Ladybug sadly. "I will wait for you, Alix," he said in a warm voice and hugged her. 

"You knew about this moment, but...how?" Ladybug looked at Alix's father in surprise. Her father just smiled. "I'll be back soon, I promise," said Alix, breaking away from the hug. "You just have to say, Baark, let's hunt!" said the kwami ​​happily. Alix didn't have to be told twice. "Baark, let's hunt!" called Alix, and the next thing she knew she was Anubia, the new bearer of the dog Miraculous. Without wasting any more time, Rabbit Noir opened another time portal, through which Ladybug and Anubia followed him. Anubia paused briefly and looked at her father one last time. His father waved to her. 

"We'll see each other again soon, my dear daughter," he murmured. Then Anubia turned around and disappeared into the portal.