Senticatalyst VI

Ladybug and Cat Noir drew in a startled breath. This couldn't exactly be happening, could it? Where did Master Fu suddenly come from? "A trade-off?" suggested Mayura. Just as Vesperia, Riyuko, Carapace, and Vipirion were distracted, Hawkmoth flung them away and jumped up. Wait a minute...that wasn't Master Fu at all! Master Fu was in London. And if that wasn't the former Keeper...then... "That's a Sentimonster!" shouted Ladybug, flinging her yoyo at Mayura, but Hawkmoth was faster. He grabbed his partner and was gone around the next corner. Master Fu dissolved, and a white feather floated to the ground. "Damn! He got away from us again!" cursed Ladybug. And apparently Hawkmoth still cooperates with Mayura, but not always. "Ladybug, the time," Cat Noir urged, his last-minute chiming in. Ladybug nodded, she threw up her lucky charm and yelled, 

"MIRACULOUS LADYBUG!"

Then thousands of tiny, glowing Ladybugs flew around, fixing the city. "Well done," said the hero team as they clapped. "Well done kitty," Ladybug said goodbye and swung away. The other heroes followed her. Cat Noir looked after her in love before turning back into an alley. Ladybug collected the Miraculous and thanked everyone for their cooperation. She hesitated briefly at Nino. 

"So Alya did tell you," she muttered. Ladybug was angry. Very angry.

Nino nodded, slightly unsure. 

"We'll sort it out later," was all Ladybug said and disappeared. Would Alya lose her Miraculous now? Or would just Nino never be Carapace again? He probably wouldn't be able to answer that question until later.

***

Marinette slumped down the next day in the school classroom, where she took a few deep breaths. What was she going to do now? If Nino knew that Alya was constantly in possession of the fox Miraculous and that she was Rena Furtive, that increased the risk. 

"You should talk to Alya, maybe it's better this way. Because without her help today, Hawkmoth could have gone on like this without end," Tikki agreed. 

Marinette considers for a moment. 

"I'll talk to her later, right now I need to sort out the argument somehow," she muttered and walked into the classroom. Uncertainly, she sat down in her seat and looked around, all the people staring at her as if expecting an explanation. 

Actually, Marinette wanted to say something dearly, but Alya beat her to it. "We'll talk later I know, but wait and see Cloé has something to say," her best friend whispered tensely. 

Marinette pricked up her ears. Was Cloé going to put Marinette down even more? The blonde girl came in with Madame Bustier and stood before the desk. Lila looked forward in confusion. "Dear class, Cloé has something to tell you...there must have been a misunderstanding," the class teacher said in a clear voice. Everyone listened spellbound. 

"I don't have much to say, but I just reacted emotionally. As Dupan-Cheng is not nice to me sometimes...but neither am I. So yeah, nothing more," she said dryly and sat down in her seat next to Sabrina. "So Marinette hasn't been mean at all?" asked Kim. Everyone nodded immediately except Lila, who would have loved to kill Marinette. I guess that settled the argument. 

"Thank you," Marinette whispered to Cloé, who hesitated briefly, then smiled and turned away. Another fight between Lila and Marinette that she had won. Hopefully, it would stay that way. Although that thought would probably be too nice. When the last lesson was over, Lila walked by Marinette and hissed softly. 

"Watch out Marinette, next time I won't spare you," she whispered dangerously. Marinette expertly ignored her. "Trust me, there won't be a next time," she whispered back and smiled. 

Then she left the school, leaving a confused Lila behind.