The Miraculous Requiem 3

Marinette sat down next to Cloé, who didn't notice her immediately. "Hey, is...is everything all right?" the blue-haired girl wanted to know. Cloé turned to her, at first she looked surprised, then she got angry. "What do you want, Du-Pan-Cheng?" she grumbled at Marinette. "I just wanted..." Marinette sighed. "You looked so sad. You've been looking worried all day. What's more, Sabrina isn't here today, it looks like you had a fight," the girl explained and smiled. 

Cloé just snorted and looked away, she hadn't even put her hair in a ponytail like she always did. "And if it was? What's that got to do with you?" the blonde snarled reproachfully. Marinette forced herself to remain calm, especially because of Adrien's request. So she took another deep breath. 

"Do you want to talk about it?" Marinette finally asked, placing a hand on Cloé's shoulder. "What? Why... should I talk to you about it of all people?" Cloé wondered, but she didn't seem angry or sarcastic. "Cloé, I know that you're a good person. You showed us that with your exploits as Queen Bee... But lately, you've been so withdrawn and..." Marinette searched for the right words. "You've been arguing with everyone and not behaving properly. And now...you're sitting here all alone," Marinette finished the sentence. 

She thought Cloé would laugh out loud and send her away, but that didn't happen. Cloé looked down at the floor and sniffled. "You know, Du-Pan-Cheng," she murmured softly. "I didn't want to lose Adrien. I didn't want the whole class on me either. I didn't want Zoé to be bad either, but...everyone treated me like the last shit... My mother doesn't love me, Zoé made friends straight away, but I...I even lost Adrien!" she said sadly. Her lip trembled; her eyes shone. "And I messed up with Ladybug. All of it. I'll never be a heroine again..." she whispered softly and looked away.

"Cloé, you can still change them. And Adrien would like, no, he still wants, to be your friend. And... we can be friends too..." Marinette didn't believe she could say that herself. But she felt deep compassion for her. 

"And as for Ladybug...she's not ideal either...she made mistakes. And one mistake was not giving you the Miraculous," the blue-haired girl said, smiling faintly. "I'll be off then. Maybe I should Sabrina...I should...apologize or something," Cloé mumbled and left Marinette alone.

***

Nathalie walked through a wide, large meadow with white, clear flowers blowing in the gentle wind. The blossoms scattered the golden, shining pollen that looked like tiny, countless stars. The sky was a beautiful blue - a glorious, vibrant blue, which was reflected in Nathalie's eyes. She was walking through the meadow when suddenly the ground beneath her feet began to crumble and cracks appeared in the ground. 

Nathalie didn't even manage to cry out before she fell and hit the bare, rocky ground the next moment. 

But when she opened her eyes, she was standing in a hell whose walls were lit up with various glyphs and drawings. She wanted to touch them, but a tunnel appeared in front of her with a glow of light at the end. Curious, she strolled along the tunnel when it ended abruptly and a burning clearing appeared before her. It was a clearing between large mountains, completely shrouded in red light. Fire, flames, and smoke adorned the sight and Nathalie was startled when she spotted a person standing in the middle of the flaming inferno. It was a girl with blonde hair.

Nathalie woke up in a cold sweat, her heart pounding in her throat. What had just happened? Was it a nightmare? What did it mean? And who had that girl been? She shook her head to clear her mind. 

"Good morning!" said a warm, male voice and entered the room. It was her boss, Gabriel Agrest. "Good morning," Nathalie replied, smiling with relief. "Are you feeling better after the assignment?" asked the tall, blond man and sat down on the bed. Nathalie put her hand on his and smiled. Her cheeks turned red and glowed. "Now that you're here...very good," she replied and giggled. Gabriel looked into her eyes, her beautiful, deep eyes. 

"It's you. I want to take you on an excursion later. You have to be fit for that," Gabriel explained, his hand slipping away. "An excursion?" his assistant wondered. "Something different. Just something for the two of us... well, three of us. We'll have to drag Ann along. Get some rest," and with these words, he left the room. 

"You're still too attached to Emelie, aren't you?" Nathalie asked, smiling sadly. Her boss would never hear this question and would never answer it. But she already knew the answer. He had already gone far too far to stop now.

Gabriel had closed the door but paused for a moment. He wanted to say something else, to go back to Nathalie, but he hesitated. He had heard her question and sighed. "Yes...yes, I'm still attached to Emelie...and I...I regret it. I regret that nothing will become of us," he mumbled and disappeared.

***

Marinette and Alya walked along the path together; school had finished a few minutes ago. "So... what did Cloé say?" Alya finally wanted to know. Marinette was too deep in thought, so she only responded after a few seconds. 

"Eh...Cloé? Oh yes...I don't know. She seemed...very sad, but somehow nice again. I don't know either. Maybe she'll change again. Maybe she won't. But one thing is certain," said Marinette. 

"As long as she's friends with Lila, it can't end well," added the blue-haired girl. Alya nodded in agreement. Her best friend was right about that. Whatever this super liar was planning, it would not go well.