Chapter 42

Chapter 42

"So who's this?" One of the boys asked, gesturing towards me.

"This is Annalise." Ryder replied. I smiled at them.

"Oh, you're the one with the awesome powers!" The guy said in realization. Ryder nodded, then introduced me to everyone. Their names were Nick, Jake, Sam, and Chris.  Everyone talked for a little bit, discussing magic and classes.

"Dude, remember when Ryder levitated that giant boulder and threw it like 500 feet?"  Sam asked. The boys laughed, and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Dude, you should so do that again!" Jake said. The boys agreed.

"Alright, let's go." Ryder said, getting up from the couch. "Wanna come, Annalise?"

"Nah," I said. "You boys go ahead."

"Alright, but stay here. Don't get into any trouble." He said. I nodded.

"Actually Ryder, I'm going to stay here too. I'll keep her company." Nick said. Ryder smiled and nodded at him, then left with the other boys.

"So, Annalise, can I get you anything to drink?" Nick asked me.

"Um, I'll just have a water." I replied.

"Okay, I'll be right back."

He left, and I waited for a few minutes, looking at all of the guys and girls dancing and talking in groups. He came back and set a glass in front of me.

"So, how are you enjoying my party?" He asked. My eyes widened.

"This is your party?" I asked, surprised.

"Yep. Why? Don't like it?"

"It's amazing!" I said. "Everything looks so cool!"

"Glad you like it. So how are classes going?"

"Good," I replied, taking a sip of my water. It had a hint of strawberry flavoring to it, and it was delicious.

"Is this flavored water?" I asked him. "It's really good."

"Yep."

I drank more of it until it was all gone. I set the drink back down and looked up at Nick.

Whoa. Now that's attractive. I got up and sat next to him, wrapping my arms around his body.

"Oh my gosh, you're sooo strong!" I said grabbing onto his biceps. "And look at these muscles!" He grinned at me.

"Well, I do work out every morning. I like to lift a lot of weights."

"I can tell! Your muscles are huge!"

"Thanks," he said, chuckling. I sat up and gave him a kiss right on the cheek. He raised his eyebrows and looked over at me. "What was that for?"

"You're so handsome." I told him. "Your face is beautiful." He chuckled again, moving closer to me.

"Annalise?" I turned my head and saw Ryder, who had come back from his little field trip with the others.

I ignored him and leaned towards Nick again, trying to kiss him. Unfortunately, a hand grabbed my arm and pulled me back. It was Ryder.

"Well, it looks like someone's had their first love potion."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
6/7/15

Thanks for reading!

Question: Which chapter has been your favorite so far?