Chapter 2

Chapter 2

"So did you two get kicked out of your old school?" Sarah asked us.

Daniel laughed a little. "Actually Annalise's mother tutored us." He told her.

"I see. So what made you decide to come here?" She asked.

Daniel paused. "Um, well, her mother just passed away." He said to her. She looked surprised.

"I'm sorry." she said, looking at me. I nodded at her.

We continued up the stairs in silence, but eventually Sarah turned off onto a floor. We followed her down a long hallway until she stopped in front of a door with the number 437 on it.

"This is Daniel's room. You get two keys for it." Sarah said, handing him two key cards.

Daniel unlocked his room and set his bag inside. I ran over to him and wrapped my arms around him.

He laughed a little bit. "I'll be right here, Annalise. Just come in when you need me." I waited a minute, and I slowly let go of him.

"Dinner is at 5:00. I'll come here and show you to the cafeteria, okay?" Sarah asked Daniel. Daniel nodded and closed the door.

"Okay, girls dorms are this way." Sarah said, waving her hand to bring my suitcase with her. I followed her up another few flights of stairs.

"So, you and Daniel are pretty close, huh?" She asked.

"Yeah. We grew up together. He hated his parents, so he practically lived at my house." I told her.

"I see. You seem like you really care about him."

"Yeah, I do. And he looks after me. Makes sure I don't get hurt or into any trouble."

Sarah laughed. "Sorry, but you don't seem like the kind of girl who would be trouble at all." I smiled a little.

"What do you mean? I can be very bad."

Sarah laughed again. "Sorry, but with that innocent face and your wide eyes, it's hard to believe."

I smiled to myself and stayed silent. We eventually turned off onto another floor and Sarah led me down a long hallway again. At the door numbered 507, she handed me two cards.

"So I'll come get you at 5:00, okay?" She asked, setting my suitcase on the ground. I nodded.

"Alright, thank you for helping me."

She smiled. "Anytime. Hey, so you two aren't like, together, right?" Sarah asked. I shook my head.

"No, why?"

She shook her head. "No reason."

Then she turned around and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading! :)

Comment if you would like to!