chapter 8

She was grounded for two weeks. Not that she cared much about being grounded. She could see her friends and Antonio at school and she has spent her whole life locked away.

The thing that bothered her though was Damon. He was extremely pissed, and she could tell Alesandro wasn't happy with her either but he was trying to hide it and he did well at it but he used her name instead of bambina, and their was slight anger behind his eyes, especially when they got home. He had scolded her for a while before grounding her and only allowing her, her laptop for homework and phone at school. He didn't have to take them away as he knew she'd listen. He also gave her chores.

Mary could be seen on occasion doing housework but she no longer cooked for the family. She didn't mind, she still got paid the same. So it was rare to see Mary as her house keeping role was mid day on weekdays so everyone was usually out.

Alesandro did the cleaning and everything on weekends and evenings but he had assigned Emilia to do alot of the stuff he often did. It wasn't much as the house was always spotless and laundry was done mid week but there was always small tasks to be done.

And so a week passed and Emilia was on her best behaviour because she didn't want to cause more trouble. Damon was still very much angry with her.  He knew she tended to get herself into dangerous situations but he knew that she never went out with the intention of almost getting killed or kidnapped, however she clearly went out with the intention of getting into trouble this time. She could have been killed, and he made it clear to her how danger it was multiple times.

So as the weekend started so did her chores. It was only simple things, it wasn't like she was cleaning the whole house. .

Alesandro came in the kitchen just as she had finished putting away breakfast dishes and cutlery.
She had to take the bins out next.

And then vacuum the living room. It wasn't dirty but Alesandro wanted the floor cleaned every day, she also had to sweep the kitchen.
Alesandro had swept or vaccumed all the other floors he made sure was cleaned daily. He wasn't making her do everything.

"Are you still angry" she asked.

"Not anymore, just dissapointed" he said.

Emilia nodded and quickly grabbed the bin and took it out. She didn't want to show Alesandro she was upset.

But unfortunately he was waiting for her when she entered the kitchen again.
"I told you last week that I understand why but it's no excuse. We told you we would tell you as much as we could. The only thing not shown to you on that trip was weapons and stuff like that. You were in a dangerous place and you didn't do what we said. You're lucky Damon came across you"  he explained calmly.

"Or I'd be in the cells. What is in them?" She asked.  She hadn't dared bring them up until now.

"Nothing. Its just the basement area where people are left until questioning" he replied, he was childproofing the sentance.

"That's awful"

"Is it? Because last time I checked any police station had a few holding cells where they keep the criminal till they question them" Alesandro said.

She didn't need to know about the torture.

Emilia had nothing to say to that. He was right. So she changed the subject one more time.

"Is Damon still angry"

Damon was barely around this week too, he spent alot of time in his own apartment.

"He's coming back this weekend, ask him yourself. He is keeping his distance as he has alot going on but I know he was very angry with you last week" Alesandro said not really knowing if Damon was still angry with her.