Chapter: 27

The next day, Wei (Y/n) opened her eyes as the sound of birds chirping reached her ears. She sat up and looked around. She was back in the guest quarters. As she remembered the last night's events, her face began to darken and she covered her face with her hands, trying to hide her red cheeks and the smile on her lips. She got out of bed quietly as Lifen was still in a deep sleep.

After getting ready she moved over to the window and looked outside. The sun hadn't started to rise yet so the sky was still in the shades of blue. Wei (Y/n) was very happy, meeting her brother after a long time, talking with him but especially at Xichen's proposal and the kiss they shared. It felt like she had all the more meaning to live now. She raised her hand and put it on her chest, which she felt to be pleasantly warm. She smiled again and turned around when she heard groans. Lifen had just woken up and was sitting there rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand.

"Good Morning Māma..." Lifen said as she yawned. "A very good morning to you too. Did you sleep well?" Wei (Y/n) asked as she sat down next to her and brushed away her hair from her eyes. Lifen nodded and stretched her arms a little bit. "Come on let's get you ready." (Y/n) said as she helped Lifen off the bed and helped her get ready.

After Lifen had gotten ready, Wei (Y/n) opened the door to be met with a young female wearing white robes with a forehead ribbon, who had her hand raised as if she were about to knock. Her hand stopped inches from Wei (Y/n)'s face and she gasped immediately going down in a deep salute "Please forgive me Hexia-zun! I'm sorry! I-I didn't mean to--" (Y/n) cut her off and held her elbows straightening her up. "It's quite alright. It was not deliberate." (Y/n) said with a small smile and the girl visibly relaxed.

Then as if remembering something saluted again "I'm Lan Mei Zhen. I am to escort Hexia-zun to breakfast." She said politely and Wei (Y/n) nodded. "Come on A-Fen." (Y/n) called Lifen who skipped to her and held her hand. Lifen looked at the girl and smiled brightly. "Jie Jie is very pretty." She declared and Mei Zhen smiled with a small blush, "Thank You, young miss." She said and Lifen let go of (Y/n)'s hand and held onto Mei Zhen's hand instead.

Wei (Y/n) just shook her head fondly at her daughter's antics. "I'm Wei Lifen! But Jie Jie can call me Lifen!" She said excitedly and Lan Mei Zhen nodded her head. "Alright then Lifen, let's go. This way Hexia-zun." She directed them to the hall and left right after.

On the head of the table sat Lan Qiren, while on the right side, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji were sitting and the left side was left empty for Wei (Y/n) and Wei Lifen. After exchanging greetings Wei (Y/n) and Wei Lifen sat down so that (Y/n) was in front of Lan Xichen and Lifen was in front of Lan Wangji. When Lan Xichen and Wei (Y/n) caught each other's stare they looked away with a slight redness on their faces. The breakfast was simple, including rice, eggs, some fruits and vegetables, and of course tea. Thankfully Wei Lifen was not much picky about eating. The breakfast started and everyone ate quietly. (Y/n) was helping Lifen eat too while eating herself. She put some vegetables on Lifen's plate and was about to eat when Lan Qiren spoke up.

"Did you rest well yesterday night?" He asked and Lan Xichen who had just taken a sip of his tea choked causing all heads to turn his way. "Xichen are you alright?" Lan Qiren asked his older nephew who nodded and straightened. "Yes. I'm alright." He said and in the meantime, Wei (Y/n) controlled the blush that was threatening to appear on her cheeks. Lan Qiren then turned to Wei (Y/n) who was looking at her tea cup. He cleared his throat and Wei (Y/n) looked up, "As I was asking, Did you rest well yesterday night?" Lan Qiren asked her again.

Wei (Y/n) glanced at Lan Xichen from the corner of her eyes and then nodded. "I had a peaceful Night." She answered with a small smile and Lan Qiren nodded. Breakfast ended without much interesting event and all of them stood up. "Hexia-zun." Lan Xichen called and she hummed looking in his direction. "I think we should head to start the meeting..." Lan Xichen then turned to his Uncle "Uncle, will you be joining us?" He asked politely, and Lan Qiren shook his head stroking his goatee.