Chapter: 56

It was as if Lan Xichen's tears had ended. A passive and broken hearted look on his face as he stood up and carried his sleeping wife. He ignored all comments of concern even from Jiang Yanli who wanted to go with her sister.

Lan Wangji hadn't moved from the spot from where Wei Ying had fallen from, he wasn't ready to accept the truth. Jiang Cheng had stood up and gathered remaining of his Sect's disciples giving them the task to take Jiang Yanli back to Lotus Cove.

"Shijie... Go with them..." He said softly in a broken voice, and Jiang Yanli looked at him. "A-Ling is still home... I'll take him and then go..." She said, her own voice hoarse and he nodded telling the oldest of the disciples the instructions.

He walked up to Lan Wangji hesitantly putting a hand on his shoulder. "Let's go look for him." He said Lan Wangji nodded mutely unsheathing Bichen and Jiang Cheng did the same, both males riding their swords going down to look for Wei Ying.

"The Yiling Patriarch is dead!"

"Wei Wuxian has died!!"

"He even killed his own blood Sister! He was such a ruthless person!"

"He deserved to die! His sister only came to save him!"

"To some extent she deserved it too! She always stood by his wrong doings!"

"Yeah! She even allowed to save the Wen dogs!"

"She deserved to die as much as he did!"

Lan Xichen stopped dead in his tracks. How dare they say something like this about his beloved Wife. He turned around with a cold gaze, no one ever expected to see him like this. Well what did you expect? You can't expect him to keep quiet when his wife's name was taken wrongly. And was said she deserved to die.

The Lan disciples following him stopped as well. They didn't want to hear another wrong word for the Madame of their sect. But said nothing only made way for Lan Xichen so he could look at all who were talking before.

They immediately silenced when they felt the cold glare of the Lan Sect Leader. "My Lady, The Madame of Lan sect, is not dead. She is alive. And I dare you to say another word for her, believe me you won't get the chance to regret it." He spoke coldly, his arms secure around Wei (Y/n)'s unconscious form as he carried her bridal style.

His sworn brothers were in shock to hear his tone, but they couldn't blame him. Nie Mingjue knew his younger sworn brother and his wife loved eachother immensely and it was almost predictable what would happen to one if the other was gone. On the other hand, Jin Guangyao felt a pang of guilt and regret in his chest seeing them both in this condition.

Lan Xichen didn't speak any further, he turned around summoning his sword and rode it leading back to his own sect. He felt air rush against his face and tears formed in his eyes again, blurring his vision momentarily until he blinked, tightening his hold slightly on Wei (Y/n)'s body. "She's alive..." He assured himself, whispering softly.

Soon they were at the gate of Cloud Recesses. The disciples on duty gasped seeing the Sect Leader's bloodied robes and even more, the bloodied and unconscious form of his wife. They refrained from saying anything else as he walked passed them, making his way to the healers chambers.

The disciples and residents of Cloud Recesses were all shocked to see them both. Wei (Y/n)'s disciples in particular ran to the Sect leader standing in front of him. QiuJian was the first to speak, hint of fear and reluctance in his voice. "M-Master... Sect Leader what's wrong with Master?!" He looked up at the Sect Leader who closed his eyes shut.

He was not prepared to tell anyone the news. These were her disciples, he would soon have to tell his daughter too. "She's Unconscious.." Lan Xichen replied after a while.